Santa Cruz, California

Allow me to clarify:
I don't like the anime.

Love the manga.

Nottingham, UK

I have the new Dark Horse omnibus edition. Suddenly, this is becoming an FLCL appreciation thread...

When I was in Bruges this New year I saw an orange vespa down an alley way and I ran to look at it it, but it didn't have the P! on it sad

Texas

Last edited by amburgerzorro (Mar 27, 2013 11:46 pm)

cirque wrote:

This isn't exactly in the same vein as the other pictures but I had this on my desktop because I was thinking about how cool the concept was. A fictional video game featured in the anime series Fooly Cooly called Firestarter. All you do is burn building after building until you've destroyed the entire city, pleasing some entity called The Lord of Black Flames.
Not sure if it's making any kind of reference to (Rome) or not.

Fun fact:
You can watch the six episode series (here). Episode 2 features the game.

Kinda looks like a Wonderswan, except changed a bit.

Auburn, WA, US
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

Love the manga.

You're one of *those* types...

DESUMATE wrote:

Kinda looks like a Wonderswan, except changed a bit.

Wow, you're right. I've never heard of a Wonderswan before... /googling

Santa Cruz, California
cirque wrote:
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

Love the manga.

Kinda.
I used to be and avid Anime enthusiast... now I find most of it to be painful to watch...

Auburn, WA, US
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

I used to be and avid Anime enthusiast... now I find most of it to be painful to watch...

I know what you mean.

babylon
Teh D3th St4r wrote:
cirque wrote:

Kinda.

i read heaps more interesting manga then i see anime. but im into mindfuck scifi/pyschological stuff.

Nottingham, UK

Well manga costs less if it's unsuccessful, so they're more willing to take risks with it. The price of modern animation is staggering, generally speaking they'll only make an anime if they consider it a sure fire hit. Also the otaku market is so unbelievably conservative and set in it's ways that they frequently wont accept an anime that deviates from the norm. If it's not Moe or fanservicey you'll have a seriously hard time selling dvd's in japan.

The international market is even worse in many ways. The majority of western fans are only interested in shounen anime like One Piece, Naruto and Death Note and are notoriously crappy at buying dvd's. In one case an anime that got full release in the uk sold exactly 3 copies.

Any way. Any season I generally pick a handful of anime to watch and then whittle it down to a few that aren't totally shit.

This season "Attack on Titan" and "Flowers of Evil" are the two that are most likely going to be the best. Both of them are adapted form really interesting manga and are beautifully fucked up and disturbing in their own way.

Texas