Tacoma, WA

It is worth every penny. I highly recommend you actually use the full version.

You could also try some pitch automation... I think that could give you a more linear slide.

Solar System

Hi I use Renoise. But I use original samples from Atari, Sega and Gameboy...

Nashville, Tennessee

I've never been much of a Renoise guy, just used to other programs i guess. throwing in my two cents behind Chipsounds, its an awesome plugin. Huge variety of chips, lots of hardware specific parameters... Worth every penny. I use it literally every day.

I did purchase Chipsounds a while back. There are tons of awesome sounds in it. Great plugin. I've only recently got into midi (got my first keyboard for christmas). I recorded a song with it and people told me it sounded like chiptune sort of, (even though I think it sounds like Devo). I started looking into chiptunes and love the sound of the old school NES and game boy. I think Chipsounds is great sounding. I do like the sound of the old hardware better though.

I think I need to learn more about how all this stuff works.I'm getting the hang of LSDJ, but I am used to using Reaper with chipsounds loaded as a vst. So much to learn!

New Albany Indiana

You should see my "chip stuff" library on my computer, i have over 10 gb of just old game samples and chip sounds.

Geneva, NY

Dudes. Use the modulation tab in chipsounds. Specifically, Pitch EG ("envelope generator"). Try a depth of -4800ct and an attack of .20s and see what that sounds like. Should be a nice sweep kick. Is that what you even mean by "pitch bend?" The portamento thing someone else mentioned will work, too. It really depends on what you actually are trying to do. Chipsounds' 2A03 emulation is so spot on I can guarantee you that you (nor an oscilloscope) cannot tell the difference between that and real hardware.

When I say pitch bend I'm thinking more lead instrument pitch rather than a kick drum type pitch drop. Like the subtle bend down at this part of an Anamaguchi song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc3JWo2iiGc&t=0m15s

Last edited by spacerobot (Apr 4, 2013 5:13 pm)

Milwaukee, WI
Saskrotch wrote:

But also since you just grabbed a demo you probably aren't that serious about renoise.

Heh.

Last edited by TSC (Apr 4, 2013 8:24 pm)

Orange County, CA
Saskrotch wrote:

There's some command where you can render a section into a sample, and then you can do tracker style pitch bends with effect commands to it.

But also since you just grabbed a demo you probably aren't that serious about renoise.

It's this. Uxx or Dxx. Render a couple octaves into an XRNI and go nuts. That and the render any pattern selection into a sample are some of my favorite features of Renoise.  I liked the demo enough but, once I paid for the program, those two features really made it so much better, besides so many other things. 3.0 maybe coming soon, too.

montreal, qc

sigh
edit: because my longer post got eaten; carry on.

Last edited by ilkae (Apr 9, 2013 8:44 pm)

Wisconsin and Minnesota
Bit wish wrote:

You should see my "chip stuff" library on my computer, i have over 10 gb of just old game samples and chip sounds.

I'd like to get my hands on something like that ;>