The Hollow Earth

I must be stupid or something because I have no idea what's happening here.

Chicago IL

Paypal me all your boring old regular money and I will send you Chipo certificates. 100 dollars = 10,000 Chipos! Instant millionaires!

IL, US

i cant wait to buy all your gear with counterfeit chipos

Taichung, Taiwan

10,000 pokemon carts at $20 a pop = $200,000 Atari Falcon = 2012 Audi R8 GT.

Los Angeles, CA

Haha, you can probably find some people on here who will accept Bitcoin but Chipos? ... that's a bit of a stretch.

IL, US
crizzlycruz wrote:

Haha, you can probably find some people on here who will accept Bitcoin but Chipos? ... that's a bit of a stretch.

unlikely
http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/03/bitcoin-instawallet/

Chicago IL

both of these dudes are / were accepting bitcoin
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/9801/ … y-printer/
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/10568 … ngp-games/

hardcore, Australia
e.s.c. wrote:

i cant wait to buy all your gear with counterfeit chipos

I can't wait to buy all your counterfeit gear with real ca$h

South Dakota
boomlinde wrote:
SgtCrispy wrote:

Well crap, my bro has a Turbo and an Turbo Express.
Jerk...

Hey man, you could have 25 NES and 25 Master Systems instead.

Imagine the beowulf cluster you could make with those!

Let's see here...
NES x 2
SNES x 1
SMS x 1
Genesis x 1
GB x 1
GBP x 1
GBC x 1
GBA x 1
SP x 1
Micro x 1
DSL x 1
DSi XL x 1
PSP x 1

hardcore, Australia

On a less "lol" note here, I think a real problem with the basis of this currency is that you have too many pricing factors involved.
While today, a Megadrive might be worth less than an Amiga 1200, depending on demand and trends, that could fluctuate pretty wildly. The gold standard works because it is based on just gold. It isn't based on gold, iron, copper and tin, just gold.

It would be more useful to set a currency on a single standard, for example gameboys, and then the prices of everything else would move as a factor of gameboys depending on rarity/demand/whatever else.

The other problem is inflation, we can't create any more of these consoles, that is where their value comes from, but it also means prices will basically continue upwards forever, which means the value of the currency will move up forever.
But I guess the way this would be stopped is by basing values on what you have in your "central bank" of consoles.

buffalo, NY
godinpants wrote:

The other problem is inflation, we can't create any more of these consoles, that is where their value comes from, but it also means prices will basically continue upwards forever, which means the value of the currency will move up forever.
But I guess the way this would be stopped is by basing values on what you have in your "central bank" of consoles.

We're not creating any more gold either.

hardcore, Australia
danimal cannon wrote:
godinpants wrote:

That's what the Illuminati want you to believe. #hoax #truth #segawasaninsidejob

Chicago IL
danimal cannon wrote:
godinpants wrote:

brb studying alchemy

New Albany Indiana

Sooooooo, are we using our monopoly games too?

ohio gozaimasu
boomlinde wrote:

I'll have whatever you smoked

Solar System

Prices are not fixed and final. We need to do serious console - chipo exchange rate.
But remember when central "Chipo" bank will buy everything from internet auctions, second hands, markets situation can be one day as someone described "R8 audi" = atari falcon 030.
Atari falcon is very rare.  Actually you can have R8 audi for atari falcon 040 prototype...
Remember old Ferraris had prices about 5000 to 10000usd in early years.
And now you can buy same car model for 1 million usd.

Why PC engine vs NES???
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TurboGrafx-16-C … 460e26f33e
2 x PC engine for 600USD

So you can have 15NES for one PC engine. So my very first CHIPO value was not so far
from reality.

Nowadays you can buy Atari Falcon for 500-1000Euro.

"The Falcon was released in late 1992 and subsequently cancelled in late 1993 as Atari Corp restructured itself to focus completely on the release and support of its newest product, the Atari Jaguar video game console."

Only 20 000 was produced. For compare with NES:
Worldwide: 61.91 million
Japan: 19.35 million
North America: 34.00 million
Europe & Australia: 8.56 million[

So yes one day you will buy Falcon for brand new AUDI supercar price. In 2030 or something like that...

This computer was produced only for 1 year...

As I said. Prices in first post was for illustration. We need to make serious price research to get
exact values. Homecomputers and old game consoles are like supercars or old wine or paintings.
Their prices will rise. But gold prices will not rise so dramatically. You can dig gold when you will find new reserves (antarctica, under ocean). You can dig gold from asteroid. But you can not manufacture original ATARI 130XE again or C64. Thats very hard to do. Only when you are billionaire as Bill Gates...
You can buy all that patents, documentations, IC chip factories, case design, logo trademarks etc etc...

So Chipo makes sense...

Last edited by Matej (Apr 5, 2013 12:57 pm)