Taichung, Taiwan

Italy

I thought they would cost more.
mmh...
I could get the bass, someday, it sounds dope!

washington

does it have midi sync or is it some weird korg-only sync thing?

i've seen 1/8" cables transport midi messages,but the website doesn't specifically say 'midi capable', so i'm not sure.

what interest me is trying to record the sync signal (it's a mono 1/8 inch jack) and adjust the speed in a tracker/daw and see what you could push them to do.

edit: I think this would allow you to sync it midi style, basspuddle. Just use an audio track for sync like we used to do on old tape machines. If it's some kind of pulse you could single cycle it and lock it down to the daw or reverse engineer the pulse and generate it at midi time.

Last edited by 9H05T (Apr 10, 2013 7:57 pm)

washington

it says that it can sync with the monotribe, and there's a midi in/out mod for the monotribe, so even if the volcas don't speak midi, we could probably make them smile

The Hollow Earth

I saw these posted on Waveformless yesterday and thought I was having a wet dream. I don't know about the keys one, but I would definitely pair the bass and drum modules with a mini MS-20. I'm seriously thinking that it's time to switch to more of a hardware set-up or at least just use more outboard gear than I usually do.

the monotribe syncs with 5volt pulses so It's probably doable with just an audio recording and a mixer. a little time to deconstruct the wave form and I'm pretty confident you could just generate a sync signal in time with whatever you were doing.

D D D Detroit, not the burbs

i try to shop around and korg always brings me back.  I look like a fanboy when its really not the case.

rochester, ny
9H05T wrote:

the monotribe syncs with 5volt pulses so It's probably doable with just an audio recording and a mixer. a little time to deconstruct the wave form and I'm pretty confident you could just generate a sync signal in time with whatever you were doing.

pretty sure chipocrite just has one of the pulse channels in lsdj play a 50% square wave and sends that to the sync in of his monotribe.

Finland

I've used a very snappy hihat sample to sync Monotribe to MPC, works well.

ad-hell-aide

The Volca series looks amazing for the money.

Toronto, Canada
basspuddle wrote:

it says that it can sync with the monotribe, and there's a midi in/out mod for the monotribe, so even if the volcas don't speak midi, we could probably make them smile

First post. Midi in jacks all over the place bruv...

DKSTR wrote:

England
nickmaynard wrote:
9H05T wrote:

pretty sure chipocrite just has one of the pulse channels in lsdj play a 50% square wave and sends that to the sync in of his monotribe.

i use the noise channel, tried with the pulse but it wasnt as solid. would prefer to lose a pulse channel over the noise.

Nottingham, UK

I really hope the bass one can do something other than acid bullshit . The drum one looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Mono line out from volca keys

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Apr 11, 2013 9:45 am)

slo

too bad they recorded it through the mic. the good thing with volca bass is it has an lfo + 3 oscillators.

he said, volca keys has a ringmodulator, and the knob parameters can be recorded to the sequncer. great big_smile

Last edited by running.from (Apr 11, 2013 10:47 am)

England
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

I really hope the bass one can do something other than acid bullshit

its a synth. the only limit is your imagination!