Austin, Texas

This is a complete guess on my part, but since 8-Bit Peoples was (and is) such an influential netlabel, lots of the new wave of netlabels have imitated the convention they developed (or at least I think they developed) of reserving slot 50 (which was 8BP050) for a special release.

Holland

Nice Yerz! \o/

England

i downloaded this and i might listen to it in a month maybe.

Finland

Spectacular work, by far my favourite chip album this far this year. Good job Yerz!

edit: or any other album for that matter.

Last edited by DKSTR (Oct 11, 2012 3:40 am)

lolusa
Jellica wrote:

i downloaded this and i might listen to it in a month maybe.

sounds like a lame way to spend a month

Earth

I like this a lot. It's sonically beautiful, and I like the concept behind it.

killadelphia

what a departure - this sounds great!

The Rubber Man

ALL:
many thx dudez. I do appreciate Your kind words. smile

Irrlichtproject:
> also didn't know you were a MusicMon user, yerz
-------------
Yupp, I like this program very much, it looks very stylish and is not too hard in usage. Has its disadvantages, true, but somehow I prefer it over the maxYMizer.
A photo taken while making "Enormous Magnitude" -

smile smile smile smile

OK, thx again guyz and - if anybody would be interested - I found raw sources of 2 songs (AMIGA 500 and ZX Spectrum 48K) -
http://www.sendspace.com/file/klxnzz
(Do NOT press "Click here to start download.." but instead press this: "Click here to start download from sendspace"!!!)
It might give You an idea what was going on while making the album and also - how interesting is to use ancient synths/samplers like our humble comps/consoles are - as professional instruments, hehe. smile
As You can guess, using ZX48 as a synthesizer was the most challenging project in entire album.
Yupp, this one was _hard_.

West Yorks, UK

Yerz this is fucking awesome man. And why was using the zx48k so hard? I thought you were the master of ZX AY music?
Really loving the record. Really really loving it.

The Rubber Man

Domu:

Thx a lot, dude.

> And why was using the zx48k so hard? I thought you were the master of ZX AY music?
-----------------------------
Of music - probably not wink but maybe of 50hz synthesis. wink
The problem is - the zx48k here wasn't the AY case.

Without AY-interface, ZX Spectrum 48K has 1-bit transducer. BEEPER.
It can play any synthesis You want - but then the computer mostly doesn't keep tempo.
Tempo is a crucial factor while recording track-by-track, You know.

There are only 2 beeper engines keeping tempo fine - Orfeus and SpecialFX (it's almost the same engine actually because - as far as I know - the Ofreus is a Czech variation of SpecialFX).

It has only one tone (in 2 channels) and it's actually a very simple tone.
And using filters - You must have "something to filter-off". smile Not too much of it, in SpecialFX nor Orfeus. wink
And that's what I mean sayin': "using ZX48 as a synthesizer was the most challenging project in entire album". smile The biggest amount of work while post-production due the the simplest synthesis and the lowest sound-resolution (1-bit only).
The technical stuff.

Greetzzzzzzzz. smile
Y

astral cat

OOOOHHH BOOYYYY~~ downloading now, can't wait to get into this.

West Yorks, UK

had to post on blog about this. very brief overview but its the first time ive been compelled to post about anything other than my own visual works. probably noone reads it, but its the thought that counts. http://domugraphic.tumblr.com/
You should release this on tape man. With the comments above im sure it would get snapped up by many a electronic music fan!
And thanks for the insight into the recording process! Im so lame all I know is Shirus' Phaser/MusicBox/Wham 1-bit wares. Going to enjoy tweaking around with the the two (one-ish) you mentioned smile

The Rubber Man

An-cat-max: Enjoy. wink wink wink

Domu: Thank You very much. smile (And good luck with the SpecialFX, heh wink ).

Melbourne

this is so so good Yerzmyey ! really one of the best albums ive heard for ages smile

The Rubber Man

Sukie:
Hey, thanks a lot! wink
I'm glad You dig the stuff. smile smile

BUMP! big_smile

I like this a lot!