Hello people i made a modify that allow play gameboy keyboard without a cable, maybe you have already made it or seen but i want share with you.

Zero  Scheme

First ripped off a ps2 port from a mother board.

Second You can see a connector for ps2/mouse

Third Soldered cable and try to play with keyboard before of definitively solder it.

Fourth Soldered pin under female link cable

Fifth Make a hole for connector

End finally you can see a video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCvBbfbFWuw

with wireless keyboard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K80sW1celV8

Criticisms are accepted.

Last edited by Out-Line (May 2, 2013 5:43 pm)

Nice guide, these also work well: www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/MD-60CV/CP-2860-ND/352863

Cool smile, i don't know their existence

matt's mind

will have the docs done for this really soon today, then in the shop

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/easy_ps-2

its a breakout board for that very part to make the install a touch easier

thanks for posting all this!  it actually helped me rethink my approach in the docs wink

I'm glad for this smile

NC in the US of America

Ah... for a second I thought this was an instructional for wirelessly connecting a keyboard to the Gameboy. But this is still really cool.

Sweeeeeeden
Out-Line wrote:

Criticisms are accepted.

Well, if you insist. It seems like you're putting the connector in the space on the side without being fixed to the case in any way. Every time you insert the plug, you apply a small bit of pressure to the pins on the back, and they might bend and short in the long term. This is not an immediate problem, but worth keeping in mind.

nitro2k01 wrote:
Out-Line wrote:

Criticisms are accepted.

Well, if you insist. It seems like you're putting the connector in the space on the side without being fixed to the case in any way. Every time you insert the plug, you apply a small bit of pressure to the pins on the back, and they might bend and short in the long term. This is not an immediate problem, but worth keeping in mind.

Do you have any advice for fix this? i think this is a trouble but i can't fixed it.

SketchMan3 wrote:

Ah... for a second I thought this was an instructional for wirelessly connecting a keyboard to the Gameboy. But this is still really cool.

With wireless keyboard

Out-Line wrote:
nitro2k01 wrote:

Do you have any advice for fix this? i think this is a trouble but i can't fixed it.

Epoxy or a glue would secure it for a while. This is why I linked to the panel mount jack, it's the best bet for something like this.

Apeshit wrote:
Out-Line wrote:

Epoxy or a glue would secure it for a while. This is why I linked to the panel mount jack, it's the best bet for something like this.

Thanks i try, or i try to put some resistance between connector...... if i seen the ps2 connector ready for case i'll put this

Sweeeeeeden

Yes. Don't do the mod exactly like this. smile
Use a jack with a nut like the one Apeshit posted a pic of, so the force is applied there instead.
Or find a connector with only one jack, so the back is metal and the pins are on the bottom.
Or, if you want to fixate the jack using the current method, you could maybe put hot glue behind the jack. But then you may still have the same problem, and it's also harder to bend back the pins if there's a problem.

NC in the US of America
Out-Line wrote:
SketchMan3 wrote:

With wireless keyboard

Hot beans that's cool! Thanks for sharing.

In theory, would it be possible to hook up pin 2/4 on the GB port to pin 2/6 on the mini-DIN socket and use this as a ghetto link cable, while also retaining keyboard functionality?
I've got a bunch of sockets lying around, but no link cable, and I've recently gotten a 2nd LSDj cart.

I'll probably have to solder my own cable to make sure the connections go in the right places, but it should be possible yeah?

Last edited by MooseHead (May 3, 2013 12:33 pm)

sweden
MooseHead wrote:

In theory, would it be possible to hook up pin 2/4 on the GB port to pin 2/6 on the mini-DIN socket and use this as a ghetto link cable, while also retaining keyboard functionality?
I've got a bunch of sockets lying around, but no link cable, and I've recently gotten a 2nd LSDj cart.

I'll probably have to solder my own cable to make sure the connections go in the right places, but it should be possible yeah?

Not possible. You have to choose either sync or keyboard in lsdj.

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

thanx for leaving me credit in the image ;D

cool project!