SLC, UT
justinthursday wrote:

Haha I took the photo with my phone under a florescent bulb so it just came out really weird. It's a grey boy.

Oh...well I ordered two yesterday anyways! So hurry up and ship them! smile

Cleveland, OH

Already packaged. Shipping out today. You should get an e-mail notification once the label is printed.
Thanks a lot!

Cleveland, OH

Ever wanted a variable clock kit to match your Game Boy perfectly? We now have knobs in ten different colors!
http://thursdaycustoms.bigcartel.com/pr … able-clock

We are finally carrying tools! Tri-wing screwdrivers for opening Game Boys and other Nintendo products as well as phillips head screwdrivers for the internals.
http://thursdaycustoms.bigcartel.com/category/tools

Cleveland, OH

Holy wow!
We sell Kitsch-bent backlights now!

http://thursdaycustoms.bigcartel.com/pr … ight-panel

matt's mind

^ i like your website redesign wink

Cleveland, OH
kitsch wrote:

^ i like your website redesign wink

Oh thanks, buddy! It's just a simple BC template. I've been trying to find a good web designer for awhile because this is the extent of my ability!

Cleveland, OH

We also have these really cool plain grey CGB screen covers:
http://thursdaycustoms.bigcartel.com/pr … reen-cover

Cleveland, OH

FOR SALE: Arduino Boy in NES controller. $140 including Priority shipping in the US. Additional $20 for international.
This Arduino Boy has full MIDI capability with midi in and out sockets on the back.
Power is supplied by a DMG with the grey tipped link cable.
The yellow cable can then be used to hook up another DMG and a Pocket or Color.
I can change the yellow cable to another color or different link cable if desired.
It has bright white status LEDs. The mode button is the A button on the controller.
All the buttons still have the original tactile feel even though they aren't needed for anything.
Feel free to message me if you're interested or if you would like an Arduino Boy built for your own needs.
A more reliable way to contact me would be [email protected]

This is what it looks like currently:

Here are the internals before I added the yellow link cable:

***You may need to sign into FaceBook to view the pictures. I'm not sure on this. PhotoBucket wont let me sign in all of a sudden***

Chicago

Where did you obtain those gray wires? I had one cable that had wires similar to that and was super easy to work with it was like 28awg single strand wire and the coating could be pinched off in between your fingernails.

Very nice installation, thanks for sharing!

Cleveland, OH

Thank you! It's just hard wire. You can buy it at a lot of electronics stores. I believe it comes in a width of 40 strands or something. It's very handy for stuff like this though on the one I'm building for myself not I'm using 30awg solid core wire. It's my favorite!
This is my new one in progress:

It has a MIDI to USB adapter built in(no MIDI sockets), just a USB plug instead of a cable, two link ports instead of link cables and it's all wired up! Just waiting to get some more Arduino boards!

I was totally planning on installing an arduinoboy into an NES controller but I am trying to finish other projects first.  Nice one though!

Cleveland, OH

I've got a couple new kits coming out soon! Both are simple but I think many people can find them very useful.

Audio DMG:

This is simply a replacement board for the headphone jack. Most of the components are the the underside. It's just over half the size of the stock board so it leaves plenty of room in the bottom left corner of the Game Boy for mods like RCA prosound and Variable Clock kits without removing the speaker.
Another benefit is having brand new components so the audio quality will be better.

Size comparison:

SGB link:

Easily add a link port to a Super Game Boy! A single board allows the use of either a DMG link port or a Pocket/Color link port.
Solder 6 wires and use two Game Boy screws to mount it to the case after cutting the opening. Very easy!

I tested it with LSDJ and my Arduino Boy. Works perfectly!

Also if you wanted to use this for something else entirely all you would have to do it cut of the SMD parts and bridge the joints with solder. I've used link ports for externals controls in the past.

I'll post an update when these are available. It should only be about a month.

-justin
thursdaycustoms.com

clovis CA

dude those are some SWEET boards! PM'ing

I really need those link ports!

My eyes watered with tears of joy. No lie. Brilliant ideas just washed into my mind all of a sudden.

clovis CA
thebitman wrote:

My eyes watered with tears of joy. No lie. Brilliant ideas just washed into my mind all of a sudden.

same xD