SYDNERDIA
snesei wrote:

This is also happening to one of mine, I did try deleting the files (I didn't know I was supposed to just overwrite). What should the .gb and .sav be called on the cart? Does that matter?

Doesn't matter - it will detect the ROM by its header, and the sav by its file extension.

My cart is here!
Problem: Computer doesn't find the cart. I've got 10 usb ports, none work.
I plug it in, and the cart blinks once. After that, nothing.

it doesn't show up anywhere. not in "My computer" not in the plugged in devices in configuration, and not in the list with devices for safe unplugging.

Plugging the usb-cable in pushes the electronic board back into the plastic casing.
While unplugging, the board comes back a little, so might it be bad contact?

Edit: when shaken, it doesn't rattle, and doesn't move, it's just follows the movement of the cable.

Last edited by Jotie (Apr 20, 2013 5:55 pm)

buffalo, NY

Try a new cable?  I had a bad cable.

SYDNERDIA

PM smile

Holy fuck.
I have found a cable that worked, after like, 7.
I have no idea what's going on, I thougth it wasn't any generation or length issue, cuz I had tried everything.
I must have overlooked some things in my chaos / panic.

I feel like Tm Cruise in mission impossible right now, after getting the cart found by my pc I'm so afraid to do anything wrong and break it, I'm shaking and sweating .

Thansk for bearing with me

Alive and well in fucksville

My new derp cart is named Heaps? why?

Unsubscribe

Aussie Lols.

heaps of what though? fun?

Gosford, Australia

it's a cart what does heaps, ye?

Sweeeeeeden

Look at the right side of the cartridge circuit board if you get a chance. wink

SYDNERDIA
bitjacker wrote:

because, in order to do a hell actual chiptune, you need a heaps cart.

i have been spending heaps of time playing lsdj. my bleepbloop cart wont even let me make a simple drum line before it randomizes lsdj. it wont save anymore, but when i have carillon on it , it seems ok. this heaps cart is some sort of treasure to me.

Last edited by bitjacker (May 12, 2013 3:12 am)

Abandoned on Fire
abrasive wrote:
bitjacker wrote:

because, in order to do a hell actual chiptune, you need a heaps cart.

heart

H̠̣̠̟ͅḛ̼̰̘ͅr̯̺̩̫̺̭͍e͍̥̻̳̳

So just in case someone else runs into the same mess I did...

I'm in the practice of actually using 'current' as the name of my current working project when I back it up, then rename it to a name and datestamps when I store them permanently. I do this because of a mistake I made that cost me a few days worth of work a few months back.

I was super eager to copy over from my EMS cart onto the new cart I just got from ASM. When I did, Win7 asked me if I wanted to copy/replace the "current.sav" on the cart. Naturally, I said yes.  This is, apparently, A BAD THING to do.

My windows filesystem thought it had copied the file over. The cart, on the other hand, did not. When I ejected and turned on my DMG, it still had the demo songs on it. I spent the last hour and 20 minutes performing the same operation over and over, checking and re-checking my .sav file integrity with emulators and various ROM's, loading up the LSDSNG manager and was about to email saying I thought I had a broken cart.

Then I just tried copying over an older .sav with a different name than 'current.sav', and of course, it worked fine.

Let this be a warning to anyone who also uses the same naming schema or renames their files to 'current.sav' thinking they have to write over the cart in a traditional drag & drop sense.

My question, I suppose, is this...  what was happening when I was copying it initially, and what did Windows think it was replacing?

Last edited by Cipher_Punk (May 20, 2013 9:51 pm)

SYDNERDIA

Which version of Windows are you running, Cipher_Punk?

H̠̣̠̟ͅḛ̼̰̘ͅr̯̺̩̫̺̭͍e͍̥̻̳̳

Windows 7 64-bit SP1.

It's not a significant issue, as long as the file name is different it works perfectly as intended. Just seemed weird for that to have happened.