PSPseq is really cool software. different settings for every step in the sequencer. similar to nanoloop but more possibilities. rendering samples to use in LGPT is possible too as they both run on PSP.

Last edited by U_Loaf (May 19, 2013 12:31 pm)

Chicago IL

PSPseq is fairly obscure and that's saying a lot for basically anything on chipmusic.org

try seeing if you can even get interest in a pspseq thread. it is a fantastic piece of software, though.

Unsubscribe

Pspseq also has a google groups mailing list:

synth gen/env menus, control steps. for the people who like nanoloop its definitely worth a second look.

Last edited by U_Loaf (May 19, 2013 12:30 pm)

Unsubscribe

Also: Since you can render to wave, you can totally use it to render piggy synth material on the go.

using the joystick its sometimes hard to get the values you want.

Last edited by U_Loaf (May 19, 2013 12:19 pm)

someone could use the existing code for another project

Last edited by U_Loaf (May 19, 2013 12:09 pm)

Aren't you just supposed to use the analog to get into the general area of the value you want, then the dpad to get to the exact value? I never had a problem getting values I needed, so you may be missing something there.

If anyone is wondering what pspseq can sound like when use really well, check this out: http://runjump.iiichan.net/main/

if it had used the d-pad only it could have been better. hope pspseq developer will make something else.

Last edited by U_Loaf (May 19, 2013 12:27 pm)

London, UK

I tried and tried with PSPSeq. It has an INCREDIBLE synth engine, in the pre-iOS days probably the best on any mobile platform. But the sequencer is a bloody nightmare. All those gorgeous sounds, and a total headache to do anything interesting with them.

Milwaukee, WI

Also, load times are redic!

the synthesizers in pspSEQ could be reused in newer software?

Last edited by U_Loaf (May 19, 2013 12:15 pm)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
herr_prof wrote:

Also: Since you can render to wave, you can totally use it to render piggy synth material on the go.

This is exactly how I use it. I know it can do a lot more than I'm using it for but I prefer working in LGPT.

Unknown

I hate pspseq, but that's me, I tweaked it to my liking, still I prefer little gp or lsdj. I make my samples on fl studio then throw em in lgp

Hey, PSPSeq creator here.  Hadn't checked around for a few months to see if there was still any PSPSeq chatter in the world and found this.  Nice to see a couple familiar names.  smile  I haven't worked on the program for quite a few years now but when I listen to the tracks some people made I'm happy with what I created; just wish more people had jumped on it.

As for the controls; yeah I know how they work and find them fast and intuitive but I wish I'd had more testers of the UI at the beginning since my opinion is in the minority here.  I think one key thing people miss is that the left and right bumpers can be used to change the rate of various controls.  Left bumper makes changes go way more slowly, right bumper way faster.  The D-pad is generally used for very precise changes and is also used in conjunction with the L/R triggers.

The other controls I think people miss is when you're in the synth editing menu where you see all the gen/fx/env parameters.  There's a few cool things you can do from there.  First you can control a single parameter for all steps, either locking them all to the same value or keep their relative values but sweep the whole lot together.  You can also do some interpolation of control values and randomization of control values.

There's a 1 page cheat sheet for all the controls in PSPSeq that comes with the download.  Here's a link to it directly:

http://www.dspmusic.org/psp/PSPSeq301QuickReference.pdf

Definitely try and understand what everything means on this page.  There's a lot of things you can do that aren't immediately obvious but let you make some really interesting sounds pretty quickly and take the UI from crazy twitchy to fast and precise.

I may still write an audio app for a mobile.  I actually started working on a Java port of the PSPSeq synths so I could run it in Android but the audio story on that platform is so bad I kind of lost motivation.  Also I just started a new job (at Beats by Dr Dre) and they are keeping me seriously busy so no time for fun music projects other than the ones I'm doing for my job!

If anyone has any questions I'm happy to answer; I may even do so in less than 6 months!  smile