Chicago, IL
ovenrake wrote:

I make database scripts now (it's a lot of fun) and it's the best job I've ever had.

Nice!! SQL is a fun language. It's like pure logic, no worrying about displaying stuff, interacting with drivers or even user's opinion of workflow.

Nottingham, UK

I have a linguistics degree and I'm horrendously unemployed.

May be moving to holland in the future though so if anyone has any leads for work in the rotterdam area....

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Apr 2, 2013 1:35 pm)

Chicago, IL
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

I have a linguistics degree and I'm horrendously unemployed.

May be moving to holland in the future though so if anyone has any leads for work in the rotterdam area....

Finish your awesome album and I will totally buy like 5 copies, does that help? big_smile

Nottingham, UK

That album is actually currently on hold because I'm having trouble getting it mastered because I'm so poor. I have the basically finished un-mastered version though.

It's not even out yet and I've already got the basics done for an EP that was going to follow it up tongue

I'm glad you're looking forward to it!

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Apr 2, 2013 1:55 pm)

sweden

http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/168139/#p168139

New Albany Indiana

I work with fancy wood designs.

Finishing an education as web-integrator next month, then I'll start reading for datamatics.
Getting paid to study, too. Only bright side of Denmark.

South Jersey, USA

residential counselor at a group home for children with pervasive developmental disorders. also work part time 1099ing for a behavior analyst administering aba therapy.

I'm a business major with a focus in IT management because it requires a lot less math requirements than computer science and there's supposed to be a demand for it.

UK

I write Lisp and Ruby all day, every day.

i have 2 jobs :: i am a caregiver @ a senior assisted living center, and i am a clerk at a video rental shop

Serbia,Belgrade

Enrolled in a pharmacutical college.(i'm basically joining a big mafia which kills people,legally...oh well at least there is shit ton of money and i can try and change the system a bit)  now over the summer i was doing some photography.SHould be working the next month and a half to do pictures for a tattoo artist.

Yokohama, Japan

I'm an electrical engineer in Japan, I test products and write reports for the clients. I don't get to do much making or designing in my job, but this is another reason I really love the whole chipmusic community. Half of the fun is modding gear and bending old tech to create beautiful sounds. Although I don't have as much time as I want (day job!), I'm currently trying a C64 mod (MESSIAH, SID2SID an small LCD screen) so if anyone has any tips please let me know. Sorry for the little glide off topic.

But as many have said a day job allows me to live while I pursue my passions.

Yokohama, Japan
Bit wish wrote:

I work with fancy wood designs.

very nice, do you make any cases for gear or such

Minneapolis

I work with an organization that helps pregnant moms in low-income or dangerous situations. We help them find safe places to stay if they have an abusive husband/boyfriend, or help them pay for things like STD testing, rent assistance, baby stuff, etc.

clovis CA

going to school right now, part time at a pizza shop soon. hopefully...
taking printmaking, pc maintnence, and programming logic controllers smile
gonna be a fun semester xD