buffalo, NY

Damn Kitsch, you nailed it

Gosford, Australia
Calavera wrote:

That sounds excellent, I'm about an hour from the city in melb too so this would definitely work both ways smile
In the past, have you had to get a hotel, etc?

yeah, backpackers n all that!
for square sounds it was alright since jen was with me and we'd had the trip saved for and planned out, but if it was a smaller show mid-year she probably couldn't justify the trip with her schedule and i'd be on the skint haha

tbh i'm a big boy and i can (probably) look after myself, but sleepovers are fun and we can stay up talking about the boys we like and have at least one pillow fight! tongue

Melbourne, Australia
Victory Road wrote:

tbh i'm a big boy and i can (probably) look after myself, but sleepovers are fun and we can stay up talking about the boys we like and have at least one pillow fight! tongue

Hahaha, pillow fights, hair braiding, and snes!
Done and done, next time soundbytes rolls around or whateverz.

Bronx, NY

How to help chiptune musicians, eh?  I think that's like asking how to help people, or how to be a good person.  it's not like chiptuners arn't human, so just doing things people would like is helpful.  in terms of specifics, though, here's what I've done in the year I've been in chip.

-bought food and drinks for chiptuners
-bought their music
-gone to their shows
-promote their shows online
-invite other people to go to events featuring chiptune artists
-help people make connections, even across genres
-buy their old videogame equipment when they're low on cash
-offer them a place to crash when they're in town
-party hard with them
-interview them for blogs
-give them music and video game equipment you're not using anymore

and perhaps the most important thing I've done since chip

-pay for their way to MAGFest.

I won't say who I've done the last one for, but that person has since become my dearest friend in chiptune and I hope to remain good friends with him for the rest of my life.  he's one of the sweetest, most sincere people I know and he doesn't deserve half the bull he puts up with from his family irl.  I'm not a rich man, but I grew up poor, and I promised myself that when I was finally in a position to help provide for others, I would do so. 

Chiptune, both the music and the community, saved my life when I was on the verge of suicide after a horrible string of events, most notably being left by my ex-fiance for another man.  that was painful.  fortunately, a friend reached out to me and invited me to Blipfest 2012, which was not only my introduction to chiptune but where I met my good friend I helped get to MAGFest, as well as many of you.  In that festival, I found myself and a reason for living, and have since dedicated my free time to enjoying this community and giving back to it. 

its been worth it.  thank you for what you guys have done for me.  I hope to continue to give back to you.

Melbourne, Australia
Kuma wrote:

Chiptune, both the music and the community, saved my life when I was on the verge of suicide after a horrible string of events, most notably being left by my ex-fiance for another man.  that was painful.  fortunately, a friend reached out to me and invited me to Blipfest 2012, which was not only my introduction to chiptune but where I met my good friend I helped get to MAGFest, as well as many of you.  In that festival, I found myself and a reason for living, and have since dedicated my free time to enjoying this community and giving back to it.

Man, that's some powerful stuff right there! I'm really glad you found chipmusic. I hope you let your friend know he potentially saved your life!

Bronx, NY
Calavera wrote:
Kuma wrote:

Man, that's some powerful stuff right there! I'm really glad you found chipmusic. I hope you let your friend know he potentially saved your life!

I think he knows.  He's an obscure one.  doesn't like talking about serious things and doesn't like seeing his friends said.  he'll never directly address any problems we have, but if he somehow senses one of us is down, he comes around to us and picks us up, then kinda disappears for a year and then reappears during the next big event we all decide to go to, like MAGFest or New York Comic Con.  He's the best, though.  A lot of you guys are. =3