Santa Cruz, California
Vile wrote:

The fact that you have a jar of peanut butter on your work table makes me respect you all the more.

I'll eat it straight out of the jar with a f*ckin' spoon, yo!

Alley Beach wrote:

start a list...
prosound (1/8, 1/4, and rca)
bivert
back light
internal arduinoboy
variable clock
half clock
over clock
ps2 port
and the most necessary. case lights.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAzT11Pb … r_embedded

That's a good start. Need to research the arduinoboy phenomenon a little bit (my only real experience with arduino is robot related).

This might be a bit difficult, but you could try to make it 2 modules. The DMG with you standard mods, and then a connector on the bottom where you could stick it in the dock and get more features (arduinoboy, clock speed altering, ps2 port,video out,...) . Kinda like that Synthboy+ kickstarter thingie. Since you seem to have a bigger base, you could stick more mods in there.

Also, some other mods you could do:

Midi
Super Gameboy CPU
Video out
Amplified speaker + replace the speaker with a better quality one
Synth controls
Gameboy Pocket screen in a DMG

Santa Cruz, California
Lavar wrote:

This might be a bit difficult, but you could try to make it 2 modules. The DMG with you standard mods, and then a connector on the bottom where you could stick it in the dock and get more features (arduinoboy, clock speed altering, ps2 port,video out,...) . Kinda like that Synthboy+ kickstarter thingie. Since you seem to have a bigger base, you could stick more mods in there.

Also, some other mods you could do:

Midi
Super Gameboy CPU
Video out
Amplified speaker + replace the speaker with a better quality one
Synth controls
Gameboy Pocket screen in a DMG

Really not interested in making a plug-in. I like building crazy one-off hardware.
Video out is a HUGE pain in the ass.
Everything else seems pretty straight forward.

Santa Cruz, California

Look what my buddy Spaceman brought me!
It's loud and makes annoying ass noises:

Time to get bent.

Santa Cruz, California

So, I got bored and started making some custom Gameboys.
First up in my Playstation themed DMG: The PlayBoy.

Then I decided that I wanted to go a little more Sony with the 'Start' and 'Select' buttons.

California

dude.....dude....how did you get so good at modding? haha

NC in the US of America

I thought the Square and X buttons served as B and A on the Playstation. ?

Oh, wait, I see, Triangle looks like the letter A.

Santa Cruz, California

Filled it with some DMG guts to make sure all of the buttons work... specifically the transplanted 'Start' and 'Select'.

Everything works like a dream.

washington

i can't even comprehend your handiwork. it's too choice.

Maine

holy wow thats sweet

Cleveland, OH

I love the PS Boys people keep doing. I wish I had the time to make one..

Santa Cruz, California

Watched the press release and Q&A for the new Xbox One... No backwards compatibility for disk or XBLA, mandatory hard drive install of new titles, requires an internet connection, and an online registration fee for every game you purchase.
Summary: You have to pay for XBL so you can pay a registration fee for a game you just paid for... that you can't sell to someone else...
Fuck you, Microsoft.
I'll be waiting in line for a PS4 this year.

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (May 22, 2013 6:57 am)

Santa Cruz, California

I had to make my own meme.

Wow, that's ridiculous.  I'll stick to all my classic consoles.  Newest system I own is a red Wii which is sitting in the box now because I only used it for Netflix but I switched to the Roku 3.  I won't get Playstation or Xbox.

NC in the US of America

There's a lot of rumors and misinformation going on about the XO. You don't pay a registration fee for new games. You just enter the one-time use code, and anybody who has an account on that machine can play the game.

If you want to loan the game to a friend THEN THEY have to pay the full price of the game to get a new one-time use code. However, if you go to his house and sign in to your account, you can play it for free.

It's still stupid and over-complicated, but the gossip must stop.

Cleveland, OH

PS4 wont be backwards compatible with PS3 either.