California, USA

Do you guys use any loop recorders?

washington

i think turtlesaur uses the looping mode on his korg zero, but i usually don't run any effects at all. but when i do, i use a crybaby wah pedal for a gnarly/obnoxious filter effect.

edit: i'm really digging the look of the looper (among other things) on the korg mini-kp. can anyone say anything about it?

Last edited by basspuddle (May 25, 2013 6:15 am)

shanghai

sometimes use max for lives one button recorder. a software loop pedal i guess. depending on the venues monitors (often play live in a dj booth makes it tricky to hear yourself)

Chicago

I have a 40$ behringer delay peday that can do some rad holds, as well as cool delay effects for builds.

Chicago

I've run the chip through a distortion pedal, boss metal zone (shhhhhhhhh...). still thinking about applying it live, probably for noise sets.
I have only recorded the results a couple of times. I use it at the end of this song
http://chiportreat.bandcamp.com/track/t … e-roommate

Unsubscribe

I love the metal zone pedal on synth sounds.

Earth

I've never done a live setup, but I always though it would be cool to use my iPad like a customizable kaoss pad.

edit: ^^ with iRig I mean. Also I believe Amplitube lets you use midi to control parameters. So maybe...

audio out
                                                             ^
                                                             |
                                                             |
                                                             |
Lemur app -> CoreMidi -> Amplitube -> iRig
                                                             |
                                                             |
                                                             |
                                                           lsdj

..would be cool

Last edited by breakphase (May 25, 2013 5:27 pm)

Los Angeles, CA

I usually run my gameboy trough a lot of reverb.

Sestri Levante, Genova, Italy

I use mostly Monotron delay or a cheap analog delay from Mooer, but also Oto Biscuit and an old Kaoss Pad 2 that a friend donate to me.

KC

the kaoss family has some really sweet delays/reverbs.

the mini-kp has a beatslice that sounds super sick!

never hurts to have as many options and tools as possible

plus the way you use them is pretty fun tweak in realtime and since chipping isn't really performing using the kaoss pads adds a bit of real human touch to the music

Last edited by Grymmtymm (May 25, 2013 5:47 pm)

Chicago

I use a behringer DD400 for Beat-Repeat/Hold type effects, and also for filler noise between songs. They're cheap too!

Gosford, Australia

hey i just started using the onboard delay/reverb effect on my mixer and it's not too bad!
i think i'll borrow my housemate's ampworks just as a secondary outboard fx unit (with tap tempo omgggg)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I use a kp3, kp4, mini kp, and a kp∞

› 

NC in the US of America

I'm really looking forward to getting ahold of an ems cart soon so I can muddy_gb through my Digitech RP355 guitar multifx processor.

Edti: come to think of it I could just emulate it on my android to see how it works out why didn't I think of that before? hrm.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jun 15, 2013 8:41 am)

washington

whoops

Last edited by basspuddle (Jun 15, 2013 3:51 pm)

washington

i just started using a delay pedal i had around (boss dd-3) and it's really nice for making the gameboy sound less raw. i kind of wish it was analog and stereo and had a tap tempo, but with all of those features it'd probably have to be boutique and super expensive.

the only thing (for the dd-3, at least) is that you have to keep the effect loop's send level really low, otherwise it'll overdrive the delay circuit (in a bad way)