matt's mind

no, no.  you're right, i just explained myself wrong....

and after having thought about it for a second, the scenario in my head wouldn't happen, i sort of venture off into abstract-daydream-land when thinking about this stuff and speculating...  (although, still, maybe?  its sort of an inter-CPU issue)

i was thinking about how sympathetic tones/harmonics are created sometimes when combining frequencies, and about the possibility the more distorted wav channel could be some sympathetic response to the interplay of the clock speed and sample rate (rather than being slightly the wrong sample rate, etc...)

Murcia, Spain

As far as the change of crystal keeps the sound the same as the "unusual" stock one, and gives us every other thing in tune, I'm happy big_smile

Cleveland, OH

It won't change the data. Only the frequency. If I understand what you're asking correctly.

Murcia, Spain
thursdaycustoms wrote:

It won't change the data. Only the frequency. If I understand what you're asking correctly.

Yes, that was precisely what I was meaning ^^

Aaaahhh, if I had the time and the GB Boy Color arrived, I would swap the crystal and make the experiment myself : ((

Last edited by DogTag (Jun 5, 2013 5:05 pm)

matt's mind

from the newsletter

hey everybody -

thursday customs has started making arduinoboys and we're really happy to be able to stock them!

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/ar … ay-customs

housed in a NES controller, top quality as always, its pre-built and completely ready to go.

if you're unfamiliar with the arduinoboy project by Trash80, check it out here:

https://code.google.com/p/arduinoboy/

the arduinoboy project is a pretty invaluable bit of kit for the chipmusic scene, if you're wondering how to bridge your normal gear setup with your gameboy (sync, etc), check it out for sure.  big thanks to Trash80 for its 'being'

thats it for now, keep chipping!

matt

thanks for looking!

clovis CA

prime wink what are the button functions?

kitsch wrote:

another peek at something upcoming, very soon!

i altered the picture a pic, sorry for the crappy quality.  needed to hide some things...

and that NES button approach is already being worked towards!  just love it when idea overlaps happen like that...   not sure i can do that style button for a reasonable cost though, tbh.

LCD screens for gameboy, I can't wait!

matt's mind

haha, thats a cool pic to dig up.  the design changed slightly since then its kind of nice seeing this version again

but its in production now so no more fiddling!

Cleveland, OH
Alley Beach wrote:

prime wink what are the button functions?

Thanks! They still have the tactile feel but only the A button does anything. It's the mode switch.

I though there were 4 modes on arduinoboys, but there are 6 leds?
Does someone know if I can 'export' a whole song to MIDI using midi out?
I mean, every note will be transmitted on the midi port, even without a Q or a N command?
Thx

I do not believe you can export a MIDI-out message, however some softwares (like Ableton 9) are decent at transcribing single melody lines to MIDI in a piano roll. Might be worth a look. 6 LEDS - probably one for "on" and one for "MIDI action is happening," or "clock tick" to show tempo. Hopefully justinthursday can answer your question.

sweden

But you can of course record the midi signals. Piece of cake!

I am a dumb-dumb, forgot that it's possible to do that. <_<

So if I use the midi out mode and I play my song in LSDJ, every note played in LSDJ will produce a note on the MIDI out?
I'm asking because I've got an arduinoboy but I think it was built a long time ago, so the firmware version is version 1.0.
At that time, I don't think that the midi out mode was stable ... Is it safe to upgrade to 1.2.3?
Thx

sweden

Thats how i used to back up my Yamaha QY-10 back in the days.

Murcia, Spain

I don't know if I should be asking this here or in a new thread:

Has someone already tried to put an original GBC crystal into the GB Boy Colour? My main concern is space, and I still haven't got the thing to check it myself.