Tokyo, Japan
herr_prof wrote:

What is it about chiptune that makes people think all it needs is a marketing savior?

I thought we had Malcom Maclaren?

Nevar forget!

Portsmouth

Thank you Lazerbeat that was spot on smile

I agree that the majority wouldn't and probably shouldn't display their sales figures, it wouldn't be ethical.. But I was wondering what the market share was..

I really think that chiptune (and it's brethren) has so much to offer, and that with some care and attention, the profile could be raised somewhat in a way that it can be a truly competitive industry.. there are not enough musicians aware of the capabilities within even a gameboy for example.. how wonderful would it be to get that music heard by a wider audience smile

Last edited by Dissonance (Jun 7, 2013 3:10 pm)

Tokyo, Japan
Dissonance wrote:

I agree that the majority wouldn't and probably shouldn't display their sales figures, it wouldn't be ethical.. But I was wondering what the market share was.

Its vanishingly small...

BOSTON

guys... guys... anamanaguchi was just #1 on the billboard heatseekers charts. im pretty sure chiptune is doing okay for visibility.

what we REALLY need is some sort of chiptune get together... like, a convention.

we could call it, i dont know, chip-convention. or something like that. just a thought.

Portsmouth, Uk

Hey Jellica! Warm Sun And Shit Smears From Pompey. Loved Desmos (8bp108)

Tokyo, Japan

pfft chip-convention is a silly name. You should call it convenchiption!

rochester, ny

Let me answer your question - it's small. Too small to base a business around. I advise against it. You will lose money. It is not lucrative.

Unless you're an incredible dude like Kitsch-Bent. Then by all means go for it. The world could use more Kitsch-Bents!

vancouver, canada

this thread reads like it needs more of these things

Portsmouth, Uk

We Need A New Blipfest Or Summit. Not With The Same Names On Billboard Tho, New Blood With The Old Gits

Plymouth, UK

Chip is one of the few scenes that has managed to keep it's dignity from people like you, the sort of people that see a "niche" and act like they want to help the scene even though it's clear just through the way they speak you can tell it's all about exploitation...

Please don't taint this scene with your poorly thought through idealism... I am from he UK and we don't need you ruining it just to make some cash (yeah, you can deny it all you want).

Sorry but I have seen this happen too many times to other scenes and it is always because of people like you...

If you want to expand the scene then get known as good within it, don't try and change it...

Montreal, Canada

Portsmouth, Uk

Maybe A Kitsch-Bent, Based In England. No More Stupid $s Or Shippin Fees For Me Then

Tokyo, Japan
n00bstar wrote:

You need a pre graph graph to show you gave enough fucks to find a graph showing you didnt give any fucks.

Montreal, Canada

Sorry sorry. Here it is.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6872305664/h06EB53B3/

Griffintown, Montréal, Québec

yo guys!! I just totally scored a check for ONE HUNDRED FIFTY CANADIAN DOLLARS for a performance at a video game exhibition in a museum...

The performance was like ... not even an hour!!

so DO THE MATH

CHIPTUNE PAYS 150$ AN HOUR!!! I'M GOING TO BE RICH

pro tip: EVERY song can be "my first LSDJ song" for MAJOR PROFIT

OMG!! Also, as Rhinostrich demonstrated, there is FREE GOVERNMENT MONEY to be had in CHEAPT00Nz!

Tokyo, Japan

Good night, thread. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely lock you in the morning.