Portsmouth

Nick you are a star, thank you that's cracking advice big_smile

Serious answer to troll OP: it's, like most music subgenres/sub-subcultures these days, not a 'market' at all in any real sense, let alone an "industry".

Also, as with noise and most non-mainstream/non-club electronic subgenres, the only way to make money/run a 'business' with it is selling the gear used to record/perform/release it, not by recording/performing/releasing it. big_smile

Last edited by Cementimental (Jun 7, 2013 4:08 pm)

rochester, ny
Cementimental wrote:

This is the best thing I've ever seen.

Brunswick, GA USA
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

we could call it, i dont know, chip-convention. or something like that. just a thought.

We have one, it's called the Blip Festival... Oh sh-

The other suggestion if OP had the skills is to found an agency such as 2PP. They will have figures by country if anyone does, btw...

The main flaw in the OP (besides being out for money) is the statement "failure is not an option." If failure is not an option, you are not ready for business because failure is a necessity and happens often when you are in business for yourself.

Quit chiptune now and save yourself the struggle.

Portsmouth

I see your point, but if I tell myself it's not an option.. then I safeguard against it.. its a motivational thing wink I know there are so many obstacles, it's overcoming them that takes the doing..

I've heard of 2pp.. might take a look...

Yeah bitman, I'll give it a crack and see what happens.. who knows wink

Last edited by Dissonance (Jun 7, 2013 4:18 pm)

Brooklyn NY US
Dissonance wrote:

Hi I'm writing this post to hopefully gain some information regarding the size of the chiptune market

It's bigger than a breadbox, smaller than a promise.

BOSTON
chunter wrote:
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

we could call it, i dont know, chip-convention. or something like that. just a thought.

but CHIP-CONVENTION. CHIP-CONvention. CHIP-CON...

...anybody?

no?

CHON

Rochester

Quite the party going on in here. @OP - there is no money. But I think that's been established.

BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:
chunter wrote:

but CHIP-CONVENTION. CHIP-CONvention. CHIP-CON...

...anybody?

no?

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/1088/ … -canceled/

nevar 4get

EDIT: there is some serious irony and correlation between these two threads, now that I think about it

Last edited by thebitman (Jun 7, 2013 4:33 pm)

i want to be famous please do this

New Orleans, Louisiana
token wrote:

i want to be famous please do this

I honestly don't get why you guys aren't jumping at this opportunity to make it big??

Dubtropolis

You could start getting involved by donating to one of the fine recurring chiptune broadcasts, like mine: This Week In Chiptune

I use proceeds to cover the cost of hosting the podcast for iTunes, paying for the music I play on the show, and supporting the reality chipmusic love industry or whathaveyou.