Austin, TX
jackary wrote:
bitjacker wrote:

nobody makes red start and select buttons.

Custom coloured silicon start/select buttons are in high demand. I haven't come across ones other than the original grey / the translucent kitsch ones apart from dyed ones!

Edit:
Perhaps 1/4" (6.5mm) stereo jacks aswell? There's not many vendors that sell them other than ebay!

kitsch wrote:

we're in the process

Haha that's what I figured. I'd really like to avoid anything closely related to Kitsch's products, those are his specialty and I'll leave them to the master.
And thanks for liking the site name Kitsch smile

Austin, TX
SPORK94 wrote:
jackary wrote:

Non-electronics and Thursdaycustoms both stock them. So does GetLoFi.
I'd like to see kits including resistors/switches/pots/knobs. And it would be good to see somewhere else that stocked the LTC1799 board.

Hmmm didn't know about lowfi. Cool.

Yeah Getlofi beat everyone to the circuit bending products, but their LTC modules are getting pretty obsolete with the new Var. Clocks that ThursdayCustoms and Kitsch released. They do have a lot of  really cool non-gameboy circuit bending products tho.

LA:CA
Boddah wrote:
SPORK94 wrote:

Hmmm didn't know about lowfi. Cool.

Yeah Getlofi beat everyone to the circuit bending products, but their LTC modules are getting pretty obsolete with the new Var. Clocks that ThursdayCustoms and Kitsch released. They do have a lot of  really cool non-gameboy circuit bending products tho.

Their APC kits seems decent and i've been wanting to learn some minor electronics thanks for the reference.

Austin, TX

No problem, always happy to help smile

Btw, I just checked ThursdayCustoms.com and he has the same exact RCA and 1/4" jacks that I use for sale on his site in diy kits, so I'll cross those off my product list. I've used those jacks on just about every DMG I've modded, so anybody interested should go check out his site.

Brisbane, Australia

BATTERY COVERS!
For each of the PIL colours! (and original grey of course). The only reason i can't get rid of this red PIL is because noone wants one that doesn't have a battery cover!

Austin, TX

Now that is actually something I'd really like to do, or at least see one of the other stores produce them. No battery cover is a real deal breaker with selling GB's, and some colors are pretty difficult to find. I know there's some sellers on eBay that have DMG battery covers, but the selection is limited and I think the colors don't exactly match the shade of P-I-L GB's. Only problem is I have no idea where to go for that kind of thing... But if Kitsch, ASM, ThursdayCustoms, or 8bitAesthetics don't jump on that I'll definitely look further into it smile

matt's mind

(don't mean to be a spoiler, but the sample for approval for that style battery cover is arriving any day (tmrw supposedly) and then its a run of them to match the PIL colors... sorry!  but do them too if you want, just wanted to be upfront about it so you don't drop monies into something and regret it afterwards (since you're looking for unique, niche type things)).

with that being said......  if you were ever wanting to get into making a mold or whatnot, loomis and I have done a custom batt cover project together and i'd love to do more collaborative projects like that so hit me up!  or other things.

Austin, TX

You are the man, Kitsch! It's definitely not a problem, I'm really looking forward to seeing them when they arrive.

As for other projects, I'd be very interested in collaborating on some things. I've got some designs for potential projects that I'll dig out and I'll be sure to contact you once I go through them smile

Brisbane, Australia
kitsch wrote:

(don't mean to be a spoiler, but the sample for approval for that style battery cover is arriving any day (tmrw supposedly) and then its a run of them to match the PIL colors... sorry!  but do them too if you want, just wanted to be upfront about it so you don't drop monies into something and regret it afterwards (since you're looking for unique, niche type things)).

with that being said......  if you were ever wanting to get into making a mold or whatnot, loomis and I have done a custom batt cover project together and i'd love to do more collaborative projects like that so hit me up!  or other things.

I think i have a man-crush on you kitsch.
So looking forward to this!

Milwaukee, WI

New plastics for the NES? hehe

Pittsburgh
Theta_Frost wrote:

New plastics for the NES? hehe

OOH! That reminds me, I always have wanted a frosted transparent NES shell. From what I've seen (and I'd love to be proven wrong here), there's nobody who makes new nes cases.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:52 am)

Brisbane, Australia
Apeshit wrote:

An injection mold for an NES case would be somewhere up there in the 5 figures...

What do you mean by this?! Is it really that expensive?

Last edited by jackary (Jun 11, 2013 2:08 am)

matt's mind

someone on ebay about 3-4 years ago was making customs nes cases (the whole thing), but i have no clue who they were.  they were doing them themselves, and they were priced accordingly.  it might have been longer than that even, i loose track of time easily

SLC, UT

I got a black battery cover from Nonfinite maybe 3 or 4 years ago. It seemed to be a reproduction (who has pil covers laying around?) Maybe someone should ask him?

I've only seen nes  flaps for sale, so if you could source those that would be helpful. Full nes  shells would be awesome especially if you made different colors and sold them individually.

Also cables! DMG cables with all pins active would be a godsend. Or even a striaght dmg to midi cable with inline arduinoboy. Also link ports if possible. Nes  controller cables also.

Custom  nes/GB cart shells would be great. Retrozones are eh for me.

And lastly nes/SNES Dev boards pre pinned for a specific (ideally available from you) set of chips and cpld mmc emulation.

That's my dream list!

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:41 am)