Vancouver, Wa
Bamboori wrote:

so im not quite sure if i got how the variable over/underclock works.

as im always short on money and because i like diy better than premade, instead of buying a variable overclock set for the dmg id like to make my own.
but im not sure if this kinda setup would work basically?

note that im pretty much an electronics noob at most areas tongue so this may be completely wrong/useless
edit: actually i wanted to use 2mhz instead of 4 in that pic

i've tried this myself; logically, it should work right? unfortunately it does not at all lol. the crystals produce a frequency, not a current, so using variable resistance (a pot) doesn't let you adjust them, it just blocks the signal. all the way to one side or the other works, but you get no adjustment between them. i actually have hand wired a few variable pitch mods instead of buying them pre-made, but take it from me man; if you're not really REALLY good with your iron its better to just buy the $10 pcd from somewhere.

These are the mods i offer, if you're still looking for ideas you might get a few looking at it smile
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7628q … +list.docx

Last edited by Burnfingers (Jun 12, 2013 2:17 am)

Germany

that soldering should be no problem tongue

about the mega memory and its family: yeah, could be very useful. but ive heard negative things about them, corrupting saves and such. and if i use my ems cart i can just as well back up my saves to the pc smile

gba sp speaker... well if i include a speaker then probably a nds lite one as i still have it lying around here. not sure if its the same as the sp one, but its also very flat and gives good sound.