Hi all,
I've been messing around with chiptunes for a long time but never been part of the "community" as it were. A byproduct of that is I have no idea if this is the right sort of thing to be posting.

That said, I've been playing with noise kicks and I've come up with one I think is pretty good. It's a relatively clean, hard kick intended to be more bassy than crunchy.

So, firstly I was wondering if there's a database one can add such things to? I heard about brkbrkbrk.com/patches but that's no longer up, and the ucollective "patches" section doesn't look to be up yet to replace it.

Secondly, if you'd like to try it:

Env: x2
Length: 20
Shape: E7
S CMD: STABLE

Table:
0 - S01
1 - SC1
(no kill or hop)
CHIPcinnati Ohio

Well first off, welcome to the community! You will find dicks and trolls but most of us are nice people! LSDJ patches are hard to come by. Wither it being people who dont want to share their "secrets" haha or nonsense really. Best resource is this website searching through forums,youtube  or Noisechannel.org has some things here and there. You should check out roboctopus's LSDJ and You articles on there. I enjoy this kick man. Not enough people use noise kicks. Its very underrated. Since the collapse of 8bc not whole lot of people have patchbooks you can add to or get anything from. sad

washington

yeah, welcome! despite what some members may make you think, we're glad you're here. smile

i've got one that i like. it's more punchy than it is bassy, and it sounds really nice when it's played at the same time as a fat sine kick.

note: C3

instrument screen:

envelope: B1
output: LR
length: unlim
shape: FF
s command: free

automate: off
table: on (varying number)

table:

0   SFF
1   SC0
2   -00
3   H02

edit: is the lsdj patchbook app for apple products still around?

Last edited by basspuddle (Jun 12, 2013 3:04 pm)

NC in the US of America

bitman has a killer noise kick one his GB Boy Colour song that's posted here. My computer is too slow for me to actually go look up how he did it, though... It seems to be similar to basspuddle's example, though. Maybe.

It's pretty similar to basspuddle's:

envelope: x1 (you choose)
output: LR
length: 26
shape: FF
s command: free

automate: off
table: on (varying number)

table:

0   SCC
1   S02
2   S04
3   S09
4   --00
35  H04

http://chipmusic.org/thebitman/music/ri … ur-version it's in this track (recorded on GB Boy Colour)

I love this kickdrum, just made it, thought I'd share it.
Raspy.
Dirty.
No sweep.