Milwaukee, WI

Can the same quality as the IIGS be had? (Besides the speaker)

Montreal

Haven't done much work yet with the IIGS's Ensoniq DOC chip (same as in Ensoniq Mirage and ESQ1/m) - though I have all these devices -  The fact that the DOC uses 8bit PCM wavetables at varispeed using a 24 bit accumulator (aliasing fun) makes me feel this would be more suited for a chipsounds addition than an chipcrusher addition.

However, it might be interesting to investigate at which samplerate most game FX/dialogs were played at and that would give a relative close value.  As with the SID (the DOC's father), there surely is a magic SR setting where each sample is played without one been repeated or skipped.

You could set Resample at something between 8000 and 11025 and 8bits, then through the RC filter - need to calculate the value from schematics - or make an impulse), then through the IIGS speaker.

So in short I would need more time to investigate to make a 'valid' preset to emulate it.

Last edited by plgDavid (Jun 7, 2013 2:51 pm)

Montreal

Edit, from the IIGS schematics I found, emulating the analog output of the chip would be best with a full IR (as i did with all the Amiga filters)  and not just a simple (one pole) RC filter.

Last edited by plgDavid (Jun 7, 2013 3:25 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

Awesome.  Using that would make me so happy!  I love reading you pontificate on one of my all time favorite chips!

London, UK

Bought this yesterday. Not gone too deep with it yet, but at first glance I can see myself using this a LOT. Loads of options and can be pleasingly subtle - most crushers I've used go WAY over the top in obliterating everything, whereas this is much more musical. Excellent stuff.

Montreal

chipcrusher v1.004 is now out!

Its both an update for the current users and a Demo if not registered.
This marks the end of the 39$ limited time offer. chipcrusher is now 49$.

Revision History:

Version 1.004 June 18th 2013
-Product interoperability protections

Version 1.003 June 17th 2013
-Fixed RTAS Parameters
-Tweaked gains in a few presets.

Version 1.002 June 12th 2013
-Improved Latency Reporting
-Added Mono AU/RTAS plugins
-Added Background Noise Tune Parameter
-Added Post Processing Dry Parameter

Version 1.001 June 5th 2013
-No registration nags across products.
-AU fix no sound on start

Version 1.000 June 4th 2013

Get it here:

http://www.plogue.com/downloads

Another stellar job from a mad genius, as always.

Nashville, Tennessee

new GUI for chipsounds is mad classy. Chipcrusher has provided a vast new array of ways of destroying audio. many thanks!

Montreal
NationalBroadcastNetwork wrote:

Another stellar job from a mad genius, as always.

I would say the same for your mad abuses of TIA, I really like what you cook!

Montreal
smiletron wrote:

new GUI for chipsounds is mad classy. Chipcrusher has provided a vast new array of ways of destroying audio. many thanks!

Always great to read, I need that today lol smile