Bit wish wrote:

When i said "15 - 16", i meant i was in between.
I don't mean i was held back a year in what ever was implied.
I don't mean my birth took over a period of a year.

Every Body on this website is always trying to find a way to be over critical.

i think most of the people were just kidding, and that most of them knew what you meant. i figured by 15-16 you meant you were almost 16.

New Albany Indiana
defPREMIUM wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

i think most of the people were just kidding, and that most of them knew what you meant. i figured by 15-16 you meant you were almost 16.

NC in the US of America

Man I remember when back in the day when I was young it was the most important thing to make sure people knew that halfway between your birth-anniversaries you weren't just "7" but seven-and-a-HALF, haha. I'm not a kid anymore but some days I said I wish I was a kid again...

This thread has given me a nice little nostalgic feeling. Unfortunately it's probably going to be locked soon if somebody doesn't say something quick about finding shows.

Ah! Try school talent shows, busking in the streets if that's legal, karaoke bars with artist spotlight or something event, open mics, if your city has county fairs and stuff you could try getting booked there or setting up a booth, or if your city is too big you could go to a smaller town and probably have a better chance and less competition and cheaper.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jun 20, 2013 9:30 pm)

Garland, Tx.
Bit wish wrote:

Woah take it easy man. I was just making a joke. Honest, no harm was intended.

UK, Leicester
Bit wish wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised

Again, wouldn't be surprised

I thought you promised me you wouldn't be a dick.

sorry dude.

defPREMIUM wrote:

he has got a point alpine.. people were just kidding around but your comments come off as dicky and condescending..

They sound less dickish and condescending in my head. I'll take a second look through posts I make, just incase they could be taken as more offensive than I meant them to come across.

thx man- and thanks for responding well to that kind of thing heart

New Albany Indiana
Legacy wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

Woah take it easy man. I was just making a joke. Honest, no harm was intended.

I wasn't talking about you in general

Take a chill pill ;P

washington

open mics are super legit.

an open mic in a coffee shop was my first/only show.

Sydney, NSW
chunter wrote:

At 14-15 you should have your parents help you find gigs if that's really what you want. Being under 18 can cause issues.

This. I'm 17 at the moment, and as much as I love my parents' support, it can get really annoying having to check age policies and the like. Victory Road knows the deal :U

A lot of the venues I've played at have been 18+ and with alcohol on site. It usually ends up fine, as the guys holding the events are often super chill, but it is still tedious having to find all that stuff out instead of just going "Yup I can play, no worries!"

It's possible, just be prepared for some extra background work!

Last edited by Chainsaw Police (Jun 21, 2013 4:34 am)

Garland, Tx.
Chainsaw Police wrote:
chunter wrote:

At 14-15 you should have your parents help you find gigs if that's really what you want. Being under 18 can cause issues.

This. I'm 17 at the moment, and as much as I love my parents' support, it can get really annoying having to check age policies and the like. Victory Road knows the deal :U

A lot of the venues I've played at have been 18+ and with alcohol on site. It usually ends up fine, as the guys holding the events are often super chill, but it is still tedious having to find all that stuff out instead of just going "Yup I can play, no worries!"

It's possible, just be prepared for some extra background work!

Right, that make's sense. I'm sure not everyone's gonna be SUPER serious about it.

Gosford, Australia

as long as you have someone "of age" with you when you're not on stage you'll have a better chance of getting venues on board.
you might be told to bring a parent/legal guardian, or that you need to leave as soon as you're done playing. i was in a couple of punk/emo bands when i was 15, 18+ shows were tough to organize but doable. maybe not so much nowadays?

gonna be fun when chainsaw's 18 and finished with high school though, haha

Last edited by Victory Road (Jun 21, 2013 6:14 am)

Columbus, Indiana

Now I live in a small town, Columbus Indiana. We have one guitar store that has a stage because he wanted his students and local artists to have a venue. That was my long winded way of saying check your local music stores. I know the Sam Ash in Indy has a stage also.

Weird all age venue, but hey gotta start somewhere

New Albany Indiana
meanwun wrote:

Now I live in a small town, Columbus Indiana. We have one guitar store that has a stage because he wanted his students and local artists to have a venue. That was my long winded way of saying check your local music stores. I know the Sam Ash in Indy has a stage also.

Columbus indiana? Dang man, that's close to me, do you mind if i stay intouch?
Im sending an email.

New Albany Indiana
Bit wish wrote:
meanwun wrote:

Columbus indiana? Dang man, that's close to me, do you mind if i stay intouch?
Im sending an email.

I mean Pm*