Milwaukee, WI

Oh, and I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. I'd just like to see this shirt happen as much as the next chipcunt.

Huddersfield, UK
George wrote:

OK. I believe I'll be selling CHIPCUNT shirts.
Any suggestions?

a WE ARE THE CHIPCUNTS t-shirt, please?

sort of like this:

AANABAY01

whoever that is in the photo, i hate zem

lolusa

time to turn it into a babycakes thread

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
ovenrake wrote:

time to turn it into a babycakes thread

Dont worry. i'll actually stay out of that one. lol

Washington DC

Hahaha we are the chip cunts is pretty good too.

Milwaukee, WI

This has become a really terrible idea within 7 hours. Anyone actually seen wearing this shirt will truly be a legitimate cunt of chip.
Start a chipcunt thread.

Back on topic. Is there a list of all the usual suspects promoting this event?

Last.fm, Facebook, Myspace, etc etc

Perhaps a list of "events" happening during this event? A list of media coverage? A list of butthurt promoters who have zero involvement in this?

RG wrote:

This has become a really terrible idea within 7 hours. Anyone actually seen wearing this shirt will truly be a legitimate cunt of chip.
Start a chipcunt thread.

Back on topic. Is there a list of all the usual suspects promoting this event?

Last.fm, Facebook, Myspace, etc etc

Perhaps a list of "events" happening during this event? A list of media coverage? A list of butthurt promoters who have zero involvement in this?

More info will be available as developments come about.

Pre Chip-Con parties and Post Chip-Con parties are widely encouraged.
If you plan to have one, hit me up, we can start listing them up and announcing them as "Official Pre/Post Chip-Con parties"
b3tabot AT me DOT com
"Official" status preference will be given to house parties.

Regarding Chip-Con itself, there are so many ways we can spin this event, but since this is the first year, we will try to keep the focus on networking. We need to all get to know each other and swap contacts, info, and MUSIC. Bring demos, bring EPs, bring merch, bring business cards. Many of the people attending the event are promoters/producers/label owners/mega chiptune stars themselves. We need to get this scene rolling. Don't be afraid to talk to the people next to you, most likely they will be beneficial for your future plans. We plan to do a couple of activities on stage to introduce chip artists in the crowd also.
If you guys got ideas let me know, I'm very open to suggestions as long as they make sense.

We are not planning to have a list of our own covering media involvement since our team of 6 is working full-throttle on other areas.
Having one person collecting random mentions of Chip-Con through the media isn't quite a priority at this time.
Select media which wishes to cover the event will be given backstage passes to do their thing.
Once the event is over, I expect some of us will pick up the pieces.

Chip-Con.org is the place where we will be putting all the "usual suspects".
Right now if you go to the site, you'll see the icons at the bottom of the logo. We will keep adding more as we see fit.

There are other surprises here and there and some parallel projects happening along with Chip-Con which I have also involved myself with, however I don't want to announce pre-mature plans since they change quickly and drastically.

Hope you all enjoy Chip-Con. = )
I will be in the mosh pit !!!!!!!!!!

EDITING FOR:  Thumbs up to the CHIPCUNT idea. I want one of those please.

Last edited by B3tabot (Apr 1, 2010 4:21 pm)

Rice Lake, WI
b3tabot wrote:

BOSTON8BIT, MA

Cool shit only happens when you just decide it's going to.

Milwaukee, WI
albino ghost monkey wrote:
b3tabot wrote:

Milwaukee, WI

Chipcunters: http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/17398/#p17398

Philly

You have no idea how excited for this I am.  I was having a really rough week, and then I thought about this, and boom, it's really sunny now.

Ro-Bear wrote:

You have no idea how excited for this I am.  I was having a really rough week, and then I thought about this, and boom, it's really sunny now.

Chip-Con already turning frowns into smiles....
....and we are still 2 months away

lol

Last edited by B3tabot (Apr 1, 2010 6:08 pm)

The Mountains
Dauragon wrote:

Let the bodies hit the

FLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRR

Nashville, Tennessee
Ro-Bear wrote:

d'aww.