Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

gameboy carts are significantly more robust than NES carts as far as reliability goes. Pretty much every show I've seen with NES artists have had note skips and sync problems, to the point that (dirty secret time) no performing NES artists I know use carts live anymore. This is mainly a MIDINES thing, but powerpack has its problems too. apples to oranges comparison imho.

I still use a real NES but I only use a Powerpak and the 72-pin connection has been cleaned and retensioned on the heavy side. Before that I had minor issues occasionally, now it's basically impossible to get it to crash or reset without hitting the reset button.

The same goes for my C64, cleaning and retensioning the cartridge slots on these old devices can make a big, big difference for live shows.

Austin, TX

@jefftheworld did you do that cleaning / retensioning yourself ?  If so, did you follow a guide or what ?  I'd love to actually be able to use my NES live but i need to be able to rely on it.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Princess wrote:

@jefftheworld did you do that cleaning / retensioning yourself ?  If so, did you follow a guide or what ?  I'd love to actually be able to use my NES live but i need to be able to rely on it.

Clean with alcohol (and potentially some very fine sandpaper), retention with a small screwdriver.

Last edited by jefftheworld (Jun 22, 2013 4:56 am)

Utah
Jellica wrote:
Heosphoros wrote:

Time to cash in, guys.

I'm on bandcamp right now adding Anamanaguchi as a tag on all my releases.

Looks like Boaconstructor went ahead and did just that.
https://soundcloud.com/boaconstructorbe … mediocrity