Feryl wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

Our culture is terrible

i guess one admittedly terrible thing about our culture is when people do that^
edit: by that i mean, quote other posts without adding anything

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Jun 22, 2013 8:47 pm)

Nomad's Land
Sycamore Drive wrote:

inb4

ahahahaha, glad i'm not the only one who immediately thought of this when seeing the thread topic

IL, US
irrlichtproject wrote:
Sycamore Drive wrote:

inb4

ahahahaha, glad i'm not the only one who immediately thought of this when seeing the thread topic

i actually was thinking about another tin foil hat brigade story, then i remembered that was a normal pub gig with a vicious heckler

Douglas, Wyoming
Sycamore Drive wrote:

inb4

This one actually made me really sad, the way the dude was playing and having the time of his life and the guy just came up and shut it off he looked really dejected. Not only was it embarrassing but it probably made the guy feel like shit and the way people clapped at him getting shut down...man. It takes courage to get out there and play when people will probably just say "hurr durr video game music r u playng pokemanz??1?" and to go and be a dick like that is just rude. One of the big reasons I keep my music in the bedroom.

Montreal, Canada

It's all good guys, Anamanaguchi was on Fallon. We're not niche anymore. Haven't you heard?!

big_smile

Matthew Joseph Payne

After a big show, some guy came up to me and politely complained about how I strum the banjo too much - apparently I should be doing all rolls, all the time. He ended with: "but I'm not really into that chip stuff anyway."

The guy who had to wait for that guy to leave me alone to talk to me wanted to fly me to the Phillipines for a show though...

washington

*end of song*

"is he done playing yet?"

Man people can be so rude. Today my brother told me wanting to play chip was stupid and it wasn't real music. I just shrugged it off. Dumb brother.

vancouver, canada

"ha, are you playing pokemon?" 

- a thing that was said to me in toronto BUT THE GUY SAID IT IN A WAY THAT WASN'T MOCKING BUT SOUNDED LIKE HE WAS REALLY HOPING I WAS ACTUALLY PLAYING POKEMON

Seattle, WA

I did this today. Someone asked me if I smoked, I politely said no. Then he threatened to kick me in the balls.

On another note, in lieu of money someone gave me a pack of cigarettes. People always seem to assume the worst of me.

Last edited by Dire Hit (Jun 23, 2013 6:08 am)

Liverpool, UK
kineticturtle wrote:

After a big show, some guy came up to me and politely complained about how I strum the banjo too much

Well, yeah, you should have a wank after the show, not during.

East Kilbride, Scotland
Strayed wrote:

Man people can be so rude. Today my brother told me wanting to play chip was stupid and it wasn't real music. I just shrugged it off. Dumb brother.

To be fair, he has a point.

United Kingdom
Sycamore Drive wrote:

inb4

"Some people believe that was the greatest day of his life... But to Tin Foil Hat Brigade... It was Tuesday,"

Chicago

20-something guy to some highschoolers, all parties walking past:
"Don't pay him any mind. He just wants attention."

Matthew Joseph Payne
calmdownkidder wrote:
kineticturtle wrote:

After a big show, some guy came up to me and politely complained about how I strum the banjo too much

Well, yeah, you should have a wank after the show, not during.

DON'T JUDGE MY ART

Murcia, Spain

Whenever I take my ukulele anywhere, there's always someone asking "what kind of guitar is that"?
Also in a gig with some friends' band we had a very interesting specimen in the audience saying "Good joke". When we looked at each other thinking "WHAT?" the man pointed at the uke and said "Is he really gonna play that?". Luckily he kept quiet afterwards (he probably felt half of his complete stupidity).

I doubt there's anything more annoying to me than this kind of comments xD

Last edited by DogTag (Jun 23, 2013 6:46 pm)