Jyväskylä, Finland

I'm not sure if here are any flea market that sells any kind of GameBoy. I'll check next time when I go to downtown.
However, I bought front-lit GBA SP in good condition with box and manuals for 30€. Too bad that shop closed down few years ago. sad

Last edited by Pale (Jun 23, 2013 10:54 pm)

Serbia,Belgrade

Hmmm i think i'm a lucky bastard big_smile

DMG-1-10$  Bought 2 for 1.5 dollars each
Pocket-5-15$
Colour-5-15$ -Got a lot for free from friends but mostly around 5$
GBA-10$
GBA SP-10-40$ Depending if frontlit or backlit

THis is all from sites like craiglist and Serbian "Ebay"
I haven't been to this one place where they sell old stuff but i guess there will be dirt cheap.

Douglas, Wyoming

I bought mine for 2 bucks at a thrift shop

Germany

am i the only one who buys DMGs off ebay and repairs them if necessary/possible? but yeah, those prices seem about right. on german ebay, a working green DMG is about 15-20 euro.
doesnt strike me as particularly expensive, though; for 20 euro you wouldnt even get an effect pedal. heck, a new set of bass strings is in that range.
or do you destroy your game boys on stage on a regular basis, The Who-style?

also, +1 for germany-based chiptuners!

Alive and well in fucksville

i got 4 broken dmgs for free. after a bit of work 2 of them were able to be saved.

Spain

We've got a huge flea market here in Barcelona that opens four days a week where you have these prices:
10-15€ for a DMG, Pocket, Color, Advance or SP, from hard to look at to average condition
Some of the sellers have no idea what they're selling so I once got a Micro with no battery door or faceplate for 3€.

BUT, there's specialized shops that usually sell unboxed PILs for 40€, Advances for 25-35€ and other systems for 30 or more €.

That's why we the Spaniards often look on eBay UK and Germany. If you were to buy in bulk I'd suggest a forwarding service.

Texas

Around here in Texas, Greg DMGs are around $15,
Play-It-Loud DMGs are anywhere from $15-45 (the clear ones are expensive),
Pockets are around $15-20 (I spent 17 on a red one not long ago),
and Colors are anywhere from $20-35.
Advance is around $30,
SPs and Micros I haven't seen in a while, but I've heard from friends that Micros go for like $100-120 due to a limited supply.

LA:CA

When I lived in SF I managed to nab my first 4 greyboys $15-25. One I got for free I just had to make it down to Mission. Also there is the San Jose Flea Market held every 4th weds/sat which is an electronics goldmine but then again its a 50/50 with prices due to some of the junkers being dicks (One guy was selling a broken SP no charger for 50 bucks and I told him it was not worth that then he started yelling at me what do I know about prices then increasing the price to 65 >:( )

Now Currently Living in LA the DMG source is dry as hell hmm I'm going to try the local SM @ Pasadena

Last edited by SPORK94 (Jun 24, 2013 6:23 am)

In Alabama local games shops ask $20 minimum for a beaten up DMG, PILs are upwards of $50.

I think the prices are reflective of a) the fact that times are exceptionally hard for game stores in my area b) lots of rich kids go to my college and are dumb enough to buy "cool" old stuff from these stores c) due to my part of the state being very low-income for decades, handheld games probably weren't that popular since they could be easily lost or stolen. Also, local vintage game stores are about 60 miles apart from each other, and take advantage of being the retro-game monopoly. They pay their staff to comb the thrift stores and pawn shops every day to nab anything cheap to flip at the store. I'm jealous of their strategy and I wish I could find a hole in it so I could get some deals.

I mostly buy online, once got a clear DMG, plain grey DMG, and a yellow Gameboy Color all perfectly working with battery covers and good screencovers for $15 with free shipping on ebay. Still rocking that clear DMG.

For me in Wisconsin DMG's whether they are play it loud or not they are about $10-15 which is the same for Pockets. I think colors are a little more but I haven't seen any at the local shops for a while. But most of my local stores have tons of Gameboy Cameras for less than $10 usually around $8.

LA:CA
z3r0 wrote:

For me in Wisconsin DMG's whether they are play it loud or not they are about $10-15 which is the same for Pockets. I think colors are a little more but I haven't seen any at the local shops for a while. But most of my local stores have tons of Gameboy Cameras for less than $10 usually around $8.

Damn I wish I had prices like that.

Milwaukee, WI
z3r0 wrote:

Where are you finding them? All the thrifts I regular hardly ever have any.

Theta_Frost wrote:

Where are you finding them? All the thrifts I regular hardly ever have any.

There's a used game store chain in Madison called Pre Played that I bought a black Play It Loud at for $15 and a Pocket there for $15 as well. They also sell a lot of movies so games might not be there thing. The other place is Pawn America, I bought a copy of Tetris for $0.99 and a Grey Boy for $10. Also here's the link to Pawn America's video game console pricing, they don't have DMG's on the list but they do have Colors for $8.www.pawnamerica.com/video-game-systems/

Last edited by z3r0 (Jun 26, 2013 5:38 am)

IL, US

the place i was at today had mostly insane prices (which is why i was selling my used shit to them not buying): $35 for a DMG, $30 for GBC, $22 for a mega memory card.
some other fucked prices they had: $35 for a used copy of dead rising &  used Vita for $225
edit: ok, i did buy an nes copy of dr mario, but that was $4

Last edited by e.s.c. (Jun 26, 2013 5:43 am)

Matthew Joseph Payne

Yeah, but what did they pay you for what you sold to them?

kineticturtle wrote:

Yeah, but what did they pay you for what you sold to them?

$20 in 1990. But I'm not actually sure where they get their stuff since it's a chain that is super sketchy and never see anyone pawn much, but they do occasionally have good prices on stuff just not new consoles or older games that are a little rare.

Last edited by z3r0 (Jun 26, 2013 6:17 am)