bomb digg, can't wait. thx~*

ok got the adapter..

nlmidi is set to SYNC, and lsdj is set to MIDI.. but they aren't syncing very well hmm

lsdj hears the start/stop commands and that works fine, but they are not syncing tempo at all, or if they do sync it is just for a few seconds and lsdj starts to drift off it seems.. do i have to adjust the tempo on lsdj/piggy at all? any thoughts?

when i hit start on lgpt lsdj starts right away but it takes lgpt about a half second to start :0

washington

sorry, i have no idea. maybe one of the lgpt wizards can help out here

Mexico

I never figure out how to sync with nanoloop usb adaptor, it works great with mgb, But this one http://little-scale.blogspot.mx/2011/08 … or-16.html works great for lsdj midi sync, Cheap and easy to do. Check out my video testing the Teensy Midi Sync http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57bGAmXGBjw

basspuddle and maniac- thanks for the comments!
yes, i realized after i ordered the nl device that teensy might have been a better option.. thanks for the review! i might go ahead and order a teensy board, unless anyone else has any input?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
defPREMIUM wrote:

basspuddle and maniac- thanks for the comments!
yes, i realized after i ordered the nl device that teensy might have been a better option.. thanks for the review! i might go ahead and order a teensy board, unless anyone else has any input?

There are two NL devices, the newer one which supports MIDI and SYNC modes works great with mGB and LSDJ. The setup is pretty damn easy and works with all the Windows MIDI software I've tried it with (Renoise, Live 7 and some homebrew stuff).

In my case I've not noticed any sort of latency issues, though. Perhaps it's the particular LGPT module you're using? Does LGPT send MIDI correctly to other software and devices?

i tried with a different version- still same prob! i haven't tried lgpt with other software.. it seems to crash whenever i try hmm

ALSO i found that the delay between lsdj and lgpt is exactly 4 ticks: if i set every step on lsdj to command D04 they will synchronize perfectly! i guess if worst came to worst i could just set every instrument to a table with D04 commands and have them work.. strange though!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
defPREMIUM wrote:

i tried with a different version- still same prob! i haven't tried lgpt with other software.. it seems to crash whenever i try hmm

ALSO i found that the delay between lsdj and lgpt is exactly 4 ticks: if i set every step on lsdj to command D04 they will synchronize perfectly! i guess if worst came to worst i could just set every instrument to a table with D04 commands and have them work.. strange though!

Couldn't you just add a pickup bar of only 4 ticks?

as far as i understand, the D command only affects the step that it is on- in other words, it won't set everything that comes after it 4 ticks ahead.. does that make sense?

oh wait, i think i see what you're saying. i misunderstood. yes, i guess i could do that! i'll give that a try and let you know how it works.

you're smart.. yes it worked like a charm. guess that's my fix for now!

i changed the batteries in my dmg and now it is syncing fine :0

washington

that's hilarious, kitsch's first solution to pretty much everything is to change your batteries.