midi is something i have never worked with, though i understand how it works on a basic lvl. i'm interested in syncing lgpt running on my lappy (i dont have a psp or anything) with lsdj on my dmg. is this possible (it must be..), and what would i need to do it?

thx~*

is it as easy as getting an lsdj midi interface? would it be like

pc > usb midi cable > midi interface > lsdj ?

as i said midi is foreign to me..

double post

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Jun 16, 2013 8:19 am)

Abandoned on Fire
defPREMIUM wrote:

is it as easy as getting an lsdj midi interface? would it be like

pc > usb midi cable > midi interface > lsdj ?

as i said midi is foreign to me..

I *believe* that for syncing purposes you'll be able to use the nanoloop usb-midi adapter.  There's been some discussion on here about just that.  I know it works for mGB so surely simple sync works too.

LINK: http://nanoloop.com/midi/index.html

Waaayyyy cheaper than any other option (if it works lol).

thanks for the reply! woah yea that is way cheaper..
anyone else have any input as to whether the nanoloop usb-midi adapter would work for a simple clock sync between a pc & lsdj on a dmg?

IL, US

it should. cant remember if ive done lsdj sync with it yet (i really dont use lsdj much), but it did fine with nanoloop

oooo i found the old thread about the nanoloop usb thing! http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/6107/ … or/page/5/

and thanks e.s.c.! that thing is so cheap that i think i will buy one anyway! i'll be sure and update on how it worked with lsdj!

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Jun 16, 2013 6:23 pm)

IL, US

im pretty sure i tested it with lsdj at one point and had it work, but yeah that would have been right when i got it... just remember that if you're always going to use the nanoloop usb as a sync device, use the all caps "-SYNC" command to set it in a way that will hold between uses (otherwise it only sets it to that mode until it is powered off, then defaults back to -midi mode, which is for mGB, if i'm remembering it correctly)

Los Angeles

ive have both lsdj and nanoloop sync working together successfully in logic using the nanoloop usb adaptors (i have 3) -it works!!
---make sure lsdj sync is set to 'midi'  -i have no knowledge of lgpt however...

Last edited by dasid (Jun 16, 2013 7:36 pm)

cool, i ordered the adapter and a link cable so i should be getting em later next week or so! yaaaayyy
ok so in lgpt the midi output is "microsoft gs wavetable synth".. i am guessing this is the default midi thingie for microsoft computers. so will the usb adapter automatically connect to this when plugged into the computer? is there something i need to do on my computer for it to recognize the adapter as trying to sync with microsoft gs wavetable synth? haha these are newbie questions, but i have to learn sometime!

ok so e.s.c. is saying to use the "-SYNC" command but dasid is saying to use the "midi" command.. do these have different functions other than what e.s.c. said "it will hold between uses)?

washington

i think dasid said to set the sync mode in lsdj to 'midi', not the adapter command.

i'll try this now and see how it goes.

edit: the lgpt sync should be set to 'nanoloop midi', not the 'microsoft gs wavetable synth'.

Last edited by basspuddle (Jun 16, 2013 9:29 pm)

ah ok i see. two questions:
1) how do you change the command on the adapter? isn't it just a little chip thingie? (like in the pic here)
2) my lgpt does not give this option! it is either microsoft gs wavetable synth or (null)!

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Jun 16, 2013 10:48 pm)

Los Angeles

Yes - 'SYNC' in the nlmidi program, 'midi' on lsdj's sync. (Sorry double post)

Last edited by dasid (Jun 16, 2013 11:00 pm)

Los Angeles

Yes - 'SYNC' in the nlmidi program, select 'midi' on lsdj's sync.

You change the adaptor functions through the software available from nanoloop.com.
It's a command prompt program, type 'nlmidi04' (or whatever version) and follow the steps.

this is making more and more sense! ahaha.. i appreciate all your guys' help. i'll keep you posted.

washington

i'd like to answer your two questions, yo.

1)download this file. double click the sync batch(.bat) file, and follow the instructions. better yet, read the readme file to get the most out of the adapter.

2)since the adapter is a usb device, it'll be recognized when you plug it into one of your computer's usb ports. once it's plugged in, lgpt should be able to recognize it as a sync option.

edit for various shenanigans

Last edited by basspuddle (Jun 17, 2013 5:00 am)