Robotcity, the year 20XX

Ok! I'vs solved it. I downloaded "find any file", an application for your mac that finds everything when you type a search term, such as "klystrack". You can download it for free via the personal site of the dude that built the app. After I deleted everything the app found, klystrack worked like a charm again.

Wow, I just blew 3 hours figuring this shit out. Time to make music.

Tokyo, Japan

I had very similar issues with klys on mac. I actually gave up and switched to win 7 with that as a bit factor

Montreal, Canada

lol.. this OS is so broken it needs a third party app to find a file

Tokyo, Japan

is the osx version still from like 2009 or something?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

OS X is way too expensive, but it's not a bad OS. Searching for a file is extremely easy, I have no idea why he needed an external program for it but I can assure you it's insanely easy to find a file, even a hidden file.

Windows won't let you see hidden files by default either and won't even show you file extensions without selecting the option. OS X might be stupid, but Windows is stupid AND mean.

-Sincerely,
Annoying Linux User

Last edited by jefftheworld (Jun 30, 2013 2:12 pm)

Robotcity, the year 20XX
Lazerbeat wrote:

I had very similar issues with klys on mac. I actually gave up and switched to win 7 with that as a bit factor

So the mac version is not worth the hassle? sad

This tracker really seems promising. I like the songs made with it, seems rather intuitive and easy to work with, and I've been wanting to try out a tracker without buying an Atari, Amiga or installing windows on my mac.

Concerning searching or the files on my mac: First thing first: I am a complete noob. Second, I swear that my mac just could not find certain files. I mean, the dude did not make the app for nothing right big_smile

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Men of Mega wrote:
Lazerbeat wrote:

This tracker really seems promising. I like the songs made with it, seems rather intuitive and easy to work with, and I've been wanting to try out a tracker without buying an Atari, Amiga or installing windows on my mac.

Concerning searching or the files on my mac: First thing first: I am a complete noob. Second, I swear that my mac just could not find certain files. I mean, the dude did not make the app for nothing right big_smile

The file was likely in a directory that started with a "." or else the file itself started with a ".". This is how UNIX denotes hidden files and they won't show up in search results by default.

This is because for the most part hidden files and directories are not meant to be directly interacted with (in this case the config file is meant to be created and modified using Klystracker itself).  You have to specifically indicate that you'd like to show these in your search results.

You can set hidden directories and files to be shown by default, but it's probably not worthwhile since you probably make more searches in which you don't want to see them than vice versa.

Last edited by jefftheworld (Jun 30, 2013 2:46 pm)

Montreal, Canada
jefftheworld wrote:

OS X is way too expensive, but it's not a bad OS. Searching for a file is extremely easy, I have no idea why he needed an external program for it but I can assure you it's insanely easy to find a file, even a hidden file.

Windows won't let you see hidden files by default either and won't even show you file extensions without selecting the option. OS X might be stupid, but Windows is stupid AND mean.

-Sincerely,
Annoying Linux User

Having worked in a computer repair shop before and seeing the number of people who shouldn't own computers try to invent themselves as computer technicians, I'm rather glad Windows hides all this shit by default so that Mr and Mrs Everybody can't fuck it up too much. We had a lot more "broken" Macs coming in than PCs. Fortunately it wasn't me who dealt with them big_smile

Men of Mega wrote:

Welcome to the fold, son. Now you see the light. Send me your skype ID. I can show you some tricks and shit (mostly shit... I take a lot of pictures of my shit... I keep a poop log)

Tokyo, Japan
Men of Mega wrote:
Lazerbeat wrote:

no no, it is totally good, just pretty old. The Mac version is I think from July 2011 and it is revision 1004, the current windows build is I think r1234 and it has had some pretty significant improvements in the last couple of years.

Montreal, Canada

Yeah you definitely need to bootcamp the latest Win version. Whatever you compose on versions before 1234 will not play properly anymore

Welcome to klystrack! Bugs and weird shit everywhere! But it's worth it.