barf

oh!! goodnight skinnyhead2000. i hope you have lovely dreams, i'm very happy that we could chat together!

i haven't played wild arms! i like the soundtrack tho, it reminds me of spaghetti western soundtracks (particularly ennio morricone's work... i wonder if it has been taking a little more than it should heheh)

Last edited by kfaraday (Jul 6, 2013 4:11 am)

New York, United States

Ty kfaraday

hiding under your bed

Favorite anime? Toradora.
Second favorite is either Nichijou or Arakawa Under the Bridge.

NC in the US of America

LSD Dream Emulator sounds like a fun game. I can't believe the thread for that game went for so long without an un-ironic "not related to chiptune" comment. Maybe there is room on this board for non-chiptune-related General Discussion after all?

For me it's probably FLCL. I love the hot, dusty summer days and nostalgic atmosphere contrasted against the sudden over the top explosions of activity. I also love how creative the animators were, and it's scored perfectly. The way Crazy Sunshine syncs up to the action in the baseball episode gives me chills every time.

barf

i'm not sure what my favourite anime is...! death note was nice, i haven't seen that one in ages

i like manga a lot haha, berserk is one of my favourites (too bad it won't get finished tho)

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:11 pm)

barf
PianoGameboy wrote:

Favorite anime? Toradora.
Second favorite is either Nichijou or Arakawa Under the Bridge.

ahh, nichijou!

i've only seen halfway of this one but i can agree it's fantastic, there are so many funny sketches

the dream sequence about mio's hair cubes is one of my favourites

New York, United States

my favorite anime was either kaiji, kuroko no basket, or one outs... too hard to decide

i don't read much manga! i have only read one outs and yotsuba& and i haven't finished either! (       -w-        )

barf
SketchMan3 wrote:

LSD Dream Emulator sounds like a fun game. I can't believe the thread for that game went for so long without an un-ironic "not related to chiptune" comment. Maybe there is room on this board for non-chiptune-related General Discussion after all?

i certainly think so~! irc is hardly a place that most people are aware of or would visit, for the most part when people see such a lovely site as this for the first time they want to relax and get to know all the lovely musicians that frequent it!

and here at the chipmusic.org watercooler we are happy to oblige all people~

Last edited by kfaraday (Jul 6, 2013 4:19 am)

kfaraday wrote:

i haven't played wild arms! i like the soundtrack tho, it reminds me of spaghetti western soundtracks (particularly ennio morricone's work... i wonder if it has been taking a little more than it should heheh)

ah, i see! my brother was linking me to some of Ennio Morricone's compositions a while back. They are really beautiful.

I know that I should watch nichijou. Doesn't it share a creator with Lucky Star?

I have a hard time finding manga I like, but I like dark stuff, like Biomega.

New York, United States

nichijou was a very good anime, in fact I rewatched it a year ago because I enjoyed it so much!! it is definitely a nice watch but not my favorite

barf

ahhh, kaiji!! that show is fantastic, akagi is as well

nichijou has the same studio as lucky star but as far as i'm aware the adaptations are from different creators! kyoani does a lot of slice of life stuff (lucky star, k-on!, etc) and a lot of them are very light and enjoyable

for mature/dark manga i really recommend naoki urasawa's work, pluto is a brilliant thing (his "astro boy" fanfiction, believe it or not), 21st century boys is a must read as well

New York, United States

haha i started watching akagi with a friend and we both don't know how to play mahjong so we just kind of watch it without knowing what's going on (        -w-       )

all i know is they call for this "ron" guy all the time and he never shows up

barf

feryl that is interesting! it kind of makes me wonder how people will see robots when their intelligence increases... robot rights maybe??

NC in the US of America

I still feel like this is more appropriate to irc but argh! this is an interesting topic:

Feryl wrote:
PianoGameboy wrote:

You know how the backgrounds/settings in CG movies are getting more and more realistic, but the people still look really cartoony?
Like, Holy crap that water is so well animated and oh wow look at those trees everything looks so real but ohman why do the humans look so goofy!?
What if trees could watch movies?
What if they were like OHMAN THOSE HUMANS LOOK SO REAL BUT WHY DO WE LOOK SO FAKE AND CARTOONY!?

My impression is that audiences have been tested and react negatively to CG people that are hyper-realistic. It's called the uncanny valley; you can read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley

Also, my favorite anime is Spirited Away. I also like Princess Mononoke, 5 Centimeters Per Second, and Summer Wars.

Yeah. Uncanny Valley makes me think twice about being such a big Mega Man fan. I mean, I've seen this thing called "My Fake Baby" and they are hyperrealistic baby dolls that can even be designed with scars, breathing and warming mechanisms, and hair and stuff. *shudders* if that's what Mega Man would be like in real life... >_> O.O