do you like DOS games

skinnyhead2000 wrote:

haha i started watching akagi with a friend and we both don't know how to play mahjong so we just kind of watch it without knowing what's going on (        -w-       )

all i know is they call for this "ron" guy all the time and he never shows up

hahaha! i steamrolled through the first season of a certain moe mahjong anime last year and developed a very shortlived interest in the game.

Pluto looks cool yikes I'll try to check it out soon.

Last edited by zebra (Jul 6, 2013 4:28 am)

barf
SketchMan3 wrote:

I still feel like this is more appropriate to irc but argh! this is an interesting topic:

Feryl wrote:

My impression is that audiences have been tested and react negatively to CG people that are hyper-realistic. It's called the uncanny valley; you can read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley

Also, my favorite anime is Spirited Away. I also like Princess Mononoke, 5 Centimeters Per Second, and Summer Wars.

Yeah. Uncanny Valley makes me think twice about being such a big Mega Man fan. I mean, I've seen this thing called "My Fake Baby" and they are hyperrealistic baby dolls that can even be designed with scars, breathing and warming mechanisms, and hair and stuff. *shudders* if that's what Mega Man would be like in real life... >_> O.O

oof! that seems quite bizarre haha

i wonder how people would go out of their way to scar their own fake babies...

barf
zebra wrote:

hahaha! i steamrolled through the first season of a certain moe mahjong anime last year and developed a very shortlived interest in the game.

Pluto looks cool yikes I'll try to check it out soon.

the anime based around games are all really quite interesting haha... it's always great to see some drama unfold around someone who is a master of their craft (whatever that is)

i remember watching an episode of one called "hikaru no go" (about go) a while ago, it was one of the specials they aired about a couple of years after the anime had finished... it was really great! my one complaint is that they never finished it off, i have to read the manga now (-n-;;;)

barf

welcome to the watercooler, sandneil! i haven't played all that many DOS games (i grew up as more of a late 90s kid), i got introduced to doom a couple of months ago though and it's a load of fun to play, it's far more fun than most first person shooterz are now i think

i'm still rubbish at it though. haha

New York, United States

has anyone seen the new danganronpa anime that came out thursday?  I watched it today after having never read/played (whatever you do with) it. i like it hey

Last edited by skinnyhead2000 (Jul 6, 2013 4:32 am)

barf

oh! i haven't... i noticed there is a bit of tumblr drama over one of the characters (people can't decide whether or not they are crossdressing or trans), i'm not familiar with it myself outside of that though

New York, United States

I read up on that today and I *think* the canon is that he is crossdressing to be seen as a girl so he doesn't get called weak for a boy but he is Still in fact a Boy

idk though

phew, i can just watch it. then I don't have to go through all the work of playing the game :3

Last edited by zebra (Jul 6, 2013 4:37 am)

barf

aah! that's interesting

i wonder if those themes exist in real-life japanese culture as well

barf

i'm open to any new people who want to talk! don't be shy

(i'm not a troll. i promise!)

Last edited by kfaraday (Jul 6, 2013 4:46 am)

hiding under your bed

I am definitely a troll though.

barf

liar...!

barf

what kind of music do you write pianogameboy! you seem like a very nice person

hiding under your bed

I like to consider myself a pioneer of sound. I've started a whole new genre of chip. I call it "suckwave".
It's kind of like jazz, but really crappy.

barf

sounds tempting~! i'm quite the aficionado of crap jazz myself