TSSBAY01

i have never heard of radiograffiti

Medina, Ohio
e.s.c. wrote:

saskrotch's comment was to point out that TSC runs radiograffiti, so he HAS made records wink

Oh, now I just feel silly...

Chicago IL

that's fine

TSSBAY01

all clear

Milwaukee, WI
tempsoundsolutions wrote:

yeah i donno nothing about radiograffiti nor do i care. page looks dead as dead can be, updates in 2011 and then one a few days ago in 2013. guess dude doesnt care either.

I know you ain't dragging me into a discussion about shitty websites with a page like yours:

http://www.good-evil.net/TSS/nypwpx/index.php

Guess dude doesn't care either.

he wasn't saying your website was shitty necessarily, just that it wasn't the most active
i like shawn's website :0

Milwaukee, WI

I was saying RG was shitty.

But yeah, no hard feelings whatsoever. We're even. I gave dsv101 some simple advice. /myinvolvementinthread

Last edited by TSC (Jul 10, 2013 4:15 am)

TSSBAY01

no, you didnt. fuck off.

Milwaukee, WI

Radiograffiti is the worst label on the entire planet. Please don't buy any of our quality releases. Seriously.

TSSBAY01

you arent doing what i asked.

Unknown
Saskrotch wrote:

if you want to appeal to hipsters go with tape releases. they're way cheaper.

Yup, Vinyls are fucking expensive, with tapes, just buy them blank and record on them, Saskrotch speaks the truth.

vinyls look pretty, tapes look cool

D D D Detroit, not the burbs

I would allocate the funds to something more dope then spending the money on the vinyl.  You dont want to end up with a bulk order of records your still pushing due to the niche market.

TSSBAY01

vinyl isnt expensive for crying out loud. the problem is that with most places, you're looking at getting an order together of 500 or 600 units as a minimum.

if you are looking for low run plants, then you should be looking into getting lathe cuts done. that 2208 joint does low runs, contact dude about his runs and the prices, i would think most places would not charge more than $2 per lathe. this is where you can save money and get around printing big batches that you may not get done or if you are just trying to get something out there. plus if a person really digs it and wears it out, they'll more than likely buy another. in this community, none of these artists are gonna be able to sell 500 copies of records with enough frequency to recoup the investment in it, so this thread would be a little more purposeful to discuss lathe cuts.

vinyl isnt exactly the best format to print on, especially if you're doing lathe cuts of chippy music.  you can get em done for a dollar a piece if you ask around and you can get low runs, im talking 25, 30 copies. the problem is finding someone who will do em. try 2208, (2208records.blogspot.com, it says their current turnaround is 13 weeks, what did i tellya), corporate records (www.corporaterecords.biz, doesnt say they do lathe cuts there but they totally do) or perhaps lathecuts.com, tho theyre moving and not accepting stuff until sept sometime because they're moving and it sounds like they're stepping up their game. peter king in NZ does lathe cuts and is probably the most reputable dude who does it, as he's been doing it since the 80s. i will say that from what i've heard of ppl who print lathe stuff that some of the more reputable guys are slippin. so if you're gonna look into this beyond what i've said, maybe give a shout back here so people know what to expect.

ps- most lathe cuts are mono, tho they can do stereo. the sound quality is gonna end up coming out sounding like a typical 7" that was done at rainbo-by that i mean you're gonna be asking what happened. you might wanna be clear with em about this and master your music down to mono beforehand just to ensure that you've got the best chance of it sounding decent.

Last edited by tempsoundsolutions (Jul 10, 2013 4:50 am)

Medina, Ohio

in this community, none of these artists are gonna be able to sell 500 copies of records with enough frequency to recoup the investment in it.

Anamanaguchi: Endless Fantasy

East Kilbride, Scotland
dsv101 wrote:

in this community, none of these artists are gonna be able to sell 500 copies of records with enough frequency to recoup the investment in it.

Anamanaguchi: Endless Fantasy

They are very much the exception to the rule.