Imnikola wrote:

im liking the singstar mic.

Joliette, QC, Canada
defPREMIUM wrote:

You should get an handheld (like PSP or dingoo) for LGPT (if you don't have one already !)

UK, Leicester
XyNo wrote:
defPREMIUM wrote:

You should get an handheld (like PSP or dingoo) for LGPT (if you don't have one already !)

Seconding this. Only time I run piggy on a computer is if I'm recording.

Alpine wrote:
XyNo wrote:

y?

UK, Leicester
defPREMIUM wrote:
Alpine wrote:

y?

imo, it's easier to compose on a portable, with an interface like that I mean. famitracker is really good for PC, there's lot of shit to click on, and you use a lot of the keyboard, but something like piggy only has a few keys that it uses, and doesn't require a mouse at all really.

Alpine wrote:
defPREMIUM wrote:

y?

imo, it's easier to compose on a portable, with an interface like that I mean. famitracker is really good for PC, there's lot of shit to click on, and you use a lot of the keyboard, but something like piggy only has a few keys that it uses, and doesn't require a mouse at all really.

if it's easier for you that's cool but i only use ctrl, a, s, and the arrow keys and i can write super quickly with my pc- not to mention the fact that i have the internet/hard drive right there for samples, as well as being able to record right then and there (which you mentioned). in my mind it saves steps and i don't lose anything, except perhaps portability but i don't really write music on planes or buses that much..

Abandoned on Fire
defPREMIUM wrote:
Alpine wrote:

if it's easier for you that's cool but i only use ctrl, a, s, and the arrow keys and i can write super quickly with my pc- not to mention the fact that i have the internet/hard drive right there for samples, as well as being able to record right then and there (which you mentioned). in my mind it saves steps and i don't lose anything, except perhaps portability but i don't really write music on planes or buses that much..

If you wanted you could snag a usb gamepad and map the buttons however you like.  I use an xbox afterglow (i think that's what it's called) when PC piggin.

tempsoundsolutions wrote:

korg 707 under that towel, pss-680 on top of those lil combos. ~20 amps total, ahhaha

shawn, you must have the nicest neighbors! wink now i will have the images from that video in my mind while i listen to the shawn feat. zan/mauer/phlog/etc trax smile

washington
defPREMIUM wrote:

audacity heart heart

Pittsburgh
defPREMIUM wrote:

Most hardcore desktop I've ever seen.

NC in the US of America
egr wrote:
defPREMIUM wrote:

If you wanted you could snag a usb gamepad and map the buttons however you like.  I use an xbox afterglow (i think that's what it's called) when PC piggin.

Sonny boy ill tell ya back in my day we could beat contra two players on a single standard keyboard with lives to spare, key lockups and all. Pshaw. And no tool assistance neither.

Im always surprised at how many people assume that the only way to interface with a pc is through keyboard and mouse. There are xbbox controllers f n, not to mention there are actually usb contollers made specifically for pc gasp

Serbia,Belgrade
validpointdaniel wrote:
Imnikola wrote:

im liking the singstar mic.

hahah ye borrowed it from a friend,my rule.If it works then it's good to go.Who cares it's from singstar,get's the job done. big_smile

UK, Leicester
SketchMan3 wrote:

Sonny boy ill tell ya back in my day we could beat contra two players on a single standard keyboard with lives to spare, key lockups and all. Pshaw. And no tool assistance neither.

Im always surprised at how many people assume that the only way to interface with a pc is through keyboard and mouse. There are xbbox controllers f n, not to mention there are actually usb contollers made specifically for pc gasp

I don't think for a single moment that anyone suggested that the only way to controll a computer was with a mouse and keyboard, I use an xbox controller to play the majority of the PC games that I play (b/c I'm a console fag that can't use a mouse) but yeah, I could use a controller for piggy, but also with the size of it, I find that it's much more suited to portables. Now I know you can adjust the screen size etc but that's a bit to much effort for me

Madriz, Supain
Imnikola wrote:

The current live setup for lsdj.I might do another one with ableton/nanoloop sync.

Same setup, altho I dont use my overdrive anymore. I tried using a fuzz too, but Im just fine with the kaoss pad, nowadays.

Chicago, IL

My live setup only has 1 channel and some okay speakers, usually I just play one tune most of the night, but I make a lot of money off merchandise …

Last edited by BeatScribe (Jul 15, 2013 10:06 pm)

Unsubscribe
BeatScribe wrote:

My live setup only has 1 channel and some okay speakers, usually I just play one tune most of the night, but I make a lot of money off merchandise …

Dude you have to play: http://icecream.8bitpeoples.com/