I live in Albany and I buy my gameboys from just one guy who has good quality stuff everytime and I pay no more than 25 bucks per original gameboy.

New Albany Indiana
egr wrote:

Around here in Kentucky:

"collector" prices haven't kicked in at all, the older it is the cheaper it is

Southern Indiana and Kentucky in a nut shell.

There's a shop here that sells them for $20 for any original (brick or PIL) and they're "refurbished".  I quote refurbished because they are never refurbished but they work.  I usually have to still clean them. and they do things like glue light grey used screen protectors to PIL shells and they put original DMG buttons with PIL units.  But it's still currently cheaper than eBay.

TX

I got my gray one in very good condition at a local shop for like $10, which apparently is pretty good. Waco, TX has very few things, but it does have a good cheap used game store.

Last edited by Brother Android (Jun 27, 2013 5:36 am)

Gothenburg, Sweden;
Used games stores, in somewhat good condition: €28 - €39 and some odd cases of crazy prices like €65.
Flea markets, etc: from €5 to €20, haggling included.

Just got Megaman V for 5 GBP...

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

I don't know if they're still this cheap, but I was going around to Movie Trading Company's in my area a few years ago and buying them all up for $10.

Sydney Australia

I would say from my point of view here in sydney. $40 is average. There is only 2 Game stores in the whole state that I can think of that would carry them, and even then, the day they are trader is the day they are sold. Other than that its just ebay, gumtree or hock/pawn stores.

Santa Cruz, California

For me:

DMG-Free-$20
CGB-Free-$10
GBA-Free-$20
AGS001-$10-30
AGS101-$20-$35

I work for a game store, so I get a lot of stuff for free.

Mexico

http://videojuegos.mercadolibre.com.mx/ … erId_PRICE Mexican pesos

Austin, TX

Here in Austin, the retro game stores charge $25-$30 for DMG's, $15-$20 for GBP's, and $25 for GBC. I remember a couple of years ago I could get DMG's for $15 at most...