D D D Detroit, not the burbs
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:
boomlinde wrote:

I collect money from patent violators on behalf of owners of vague patents.

Literally patent hitler.

professional npr listener.  Actually im a cook, its actually a pretty good skill to have.  The years of burns i could do without but my fingers have at least a d-6's worth of fire damage negation now.

someone hire me

my aspirations include mundane repetitive tasks with low payment i'm not even joking that is what i want to do

Canada
DJCactus wrote:
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

Literally patent hitler.

professional npr listener.  Actually im a cook, its actually a pretty good skill to have.  The years of burns i could do without but my fingers have at least a d-6's worth of fire damage negation now.

badass.

Sweden
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:
boomlinde wrote:

I collect money from patent violators on behalf of owners of vague patents.

Literally patent hitler.

You are literally misusing the word "Literally".

Toronto, Canada

Literally grammar hitler?

matt's mind

figuratively

Brunswick, GA USA

The best way I saw it explained is, if you literally kill someone then you are a murderer. Um... Literally.

Sweden
rainwarrior wrote:

Literally grammar hitler?

You are literally misusing the word "grammar".

EDIT: ... in addition to literally misusing the word "literally"

Last edited by boomlinde (Aug 5, 2013 9:36 am)

Clermont-Ferrand, France

I'm a dentist. For real.

Berlin

Running a software company in Berlin that is specialized in the media & entertainment market. smile

UK

I write a bit of software and make parts for hobby robot stuff.

Madison, Alabama

This thread is more interesting than past "job/major" threads.

I have an MFA in Fiction Writing, hahahahaha.

I got a job as a technical writer (I write marketing material, proposals, press releases, the occasional instructional document, website text, etc.)

The downside to writing for a living is that I don't write for pleasure anymore.  I write crap all day and usually have little interest in writing when I get home.  After grad school I turned to music as my creative outlet instead.  I've done NaNoWriMo for shiggles but I used to really like writing short stories.  I am creatively satisfied by my music projects, though!

Canada

Have you ever tried to turn your short stories into concept albums?
This is a great practice... working on the album helps your story progress naturally, and visa versa! A lot is revealed as you try to relate music to your plots/story's emotions.

Last edited by Jansaw (Aug 7, 2013 8:19 pm)

Madison, Alabama
Jansaw wrote:

Have you ever tried to turn your short stories into concept albums?
This is a great practice... working on the album helps your story progress naturally, and visa versa! A lot is revealed as you try to relate music to your plots/story's emotions.

Hey!  That's a really cool idea.  I'm going to have to try that.

Canada

Ya!
If you've got the open mind, the two forms just write each other, haha.