England
nickmaynard wrote:
Jellica wrote:

you can get MSSIAH on a cart, but you'll still need floppies to save.

can you save with the tape recorder?

silent requiem (whatever the fuck happened to him???) told me that he made his c64 album http://www.trebledeathsystem.com/releases/25 using either JCH or SDI on tape, so it might be possible?

martin_demsky wrote:

BTW, where is that crossplatform Goat Tracker for C64 natively? On SourceForge is OSX and Windows version which seems good (i got some latency, dont know why and i have installed ASIO).

There is no Goat Tracker for C64.

Closest it can get to C64 is when you use HardSID/Catweasel cards with SID or use hacked hardsid.dll with PC64 cable to stream to C64. (you'd still need to run server on c64 from tape/drive/MMC/SD)

Jellica wrote:

silent requiem (whatever the fuck happened to him???) told me that he made his c64 album http://www.trebledeathsystem.com/releases/25 using either JCH or SDI on tape, so it might be possible?

God, that must've been painful big_smile

Last edited by booker (Dec 22, 2011 11:44 am)

New York City
booker wrote:
martin_demsky wrote:

BTW, where is that crossplatform Goat Tracker for C64 natively? On SourceForge is OSX and Windows version which seems good (i got some latency, dont know why and i have installed ASIO).

There is no Goat Tracker for C64.

Closest it can get to C64 is when you use HardSID/Catweasel cards with SID or use hacked hardsid.dll with PC64 cable to stream to C64

Or Ninjatracker.

I didn't use Ninjatracker but I'd imagine the low rastertime usage makes it to lacks functions ect. It's already apparent in Goat Tracker.

On C64 one would do better with SDI (Tjelta/Galefoss), JCH (Huss and updates by ppl like Glover or Dane ), SID Factory (Laxity) or X-SID (Jeff).

Use 1541ultimate or smth similar for load/save-stress-free experience smile

Also, as 4mat pointed out corecctly, use emulator (try Vice, very good, or Hoxs for 8580) before actually falling into purchasing of real hardware. Also, one do not have to do that - emulator still will do good with HardSID etc. though it sill be siginficantly cheaper to buy C64+1541-II+floppies+Action Replay

Last edited by booker (Dec 22, 2011 4:14 pm)

Cleveland, OH

I just got a C64 for my birthday today
What can anyone tell me about the Music Composer cart?
Found one for cheap.

San Francisco

it is limited with only preset sounds. doesnt come near able to pull out all the noise the c64 is capable of.

Cleveland, OH
wedanced wrote:

it is limited with only preset sounds. doesnt come near able to pull out all the noise the c64 is capable of.

Yeah that's about what I figured after looking into it more. But it's cheap! Thanks.

I got Cynthcart and a keyboard overlay from a friend recently and I love it. I just have to figure out hot to make my own patches cause half of them suck.

MSSIAH Looks incredible to me. Like the ideal software. Every console needs something like it!

Bratislava, Slovakia

Hey guys any of you are tracking on a C64 in Sid Duzz It? I have some questions (PM).

UK

get MSSIAH its godsend stuff i tell u

San Francisco
justinthursday wrote:
wedanced wrote:

Yeah that's about what I figured after looking into it more. But it's cheap! Thanks.

I got Cynthcart and a keyboard overlay from a friend recently and I love it. I just have to figure out hot to make my own patches cause half of them suck.

MSSIAH Looks incredible to me. Like the ideal software. Every console needs something like it!

if you ever figure out how to a perm. save so that you dont loose your preset after you turn it off let me know cuz dats been my big prob.

I just stumbled across this page which has pictures of each tool sorted into categories.  It also covers sample sequencers and other things.

New York City

Yeah that's one of my favourite pages big_smile

San Francisco

that sir is a good link.

Buenos Aires

What about Sid Wizard?