!!!!

Not kidding:

• exactly one second long (well, guess we can allow a little tolerance but certainly no longer than 1 second!)
• email a link or attached WAV or high grade MP3 (or a bad one if you like for that matter!) with artist name + title to:
[email protected]
• DEADLINE uuuh oh I don't know, end of May let's say?
• As many people as possible please!
• BUT only one submission per artist. Multiple tracks from different sideprojects (real or imagined) from the same people is welcome tho.
• Any style/genre/hardware as long as it's some kind of chipstuff. Preferably 'pure' but I guess if you want to put vocals or anything that's OK too. Fakebit is OK. Chipnoise/noisecore will make me happy but trying to cram more sensible genres into 1 sec might turn out more interesting? smile
• I'll make nice artwork and put it up on bandcamp when finished. (or maybe elsewhere if Bandcamp can't deal with ridiculous number of short tracks for any reason ha)
• if it's important to you that people know what hardware you used then please incorporate it in the song title somehow.
• etc.

Last edited by Cementimental (Apr 6, 2010 7:58 am)

Milan, Italy

what? why?

- An open call for 1-second-long chiptune songs/tracks/noises
- To up the stakes from 1 minute. smile

Don't ask, just record and email smile

Planet Zaxxon

I call neopolitan 6th chord... in 8 octaves.

Milan, Italy

are drum samples accepted?

Yeah OK, rules are pretty relaxed; so long as it's more or less 'chip' style/sound and a whole 1 second long that's OK!

uhajdafdfdfa

This is a rubbish idea.

Central-ish VA

28 seconds is the lowest I've ever seen a "write a song that is x seconds long" compilation go that has still seen some form of quality in its entries.  This, on the other hand, just will not work.

Philly, PA, USA

i wonder if all the "songs" together could make a song...

Scotland
pixls wrote:

i wonder if all the "songs" together could make a song...

Perhaps if all songs in the world get put together, you could make an ultimate song.

Perhaps it'll bring peace throughout the world.

rochester, ny

haters gonna hate.

Beverage wrote:

28 seconds is the lowest I've ever seen a "write a song that is x seconds long" compilation go that has still seen some form of quality in its entries.  This, on the other hand, just will not work.

send me a track anyway

ad-hell-aide

I love this idea. I'm in!

Liverpool, UK

haha this is ridiculous

ad-hell-aide

Submitted.

New York City

can we do covers