Seattle, WA

I've played quite a few shows and I'm realizing that I'm getting sick of breaking down my 2 DMG, Behringer 802 mixer, and Sega Genesis setup every time I play a show. I've been doing some searching around Google and I kinda have an idea of what I need, but I'm sure someone here has more experience on the matter. Are there any good roadcases out there that could carry all my stuff and where do I get it?

Matthew Joseph Payne

I've had great luck repurposing old road cases originally built for live audio mixers. As long as the hardware is good, it's usually a good deal to find at a surplus store or the like.

Seattle, WA

Sweet, thanks man. This just dawned on me, maybe get a pedalboard case with velcro and/or glue some extra foam in there?

Last edited by BFAD (Aug 19, 2013 6:50 am)

IL, US

im a big fan of using pedalboards and i know both low-gain & herr_prof have used them too... they work pretty nice for a medium sized setup and go pretty cheap used (i'm selling my spare one now, but only locally as theyre heavy and shipping costs are insane these days)
and honestly, with how stong that velcro is, you don't even really need extra foam

edit: this is the one i'm keeping

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifie … pedalboard

Last edited by e.s.c. (Aug 19, 2013 6:59 am)

Seattle, WA

You totally just answered my question with your edit tongue That really helps.

Last edited by BFAD (Aug 19, 2013 7:09 am)

Bristol

I use one of these:

I pulled out most of the foam parts.. Its great as it fits my mixer, looper, NES, etc inside as well as all the messy cables, the only problem is you can't see in when I'm playing live.. and I cover the 'shelf' bit with my Gameboy, miniKP and Meeblip.. still.. It makes for an easy setup and teardown, fits on a keyboard stand if there is no table available and fits in my car.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

DOME18 has just about the best case I've ever seen. I really hope some photos of it show up, it's impressive beyond belief.

EDIT: This image doesn't get across the beauty if the thing - it's all beautifully stained a dark red and with brass fitting and most of the exposed gear is painted a nice rich red - but you can see a bit of how cool it is.

The hardware is all fitted and sealed in with silicon. The inside is the really impressive part, The wiring is really well done and the inside features a little, detachable light. Basically it contains everything you could ever imagine needing with a setup like this. Super cool. Hopefully a picture (or video) surfaces of the inside of this amazing box.

Last edited by jefftheworld (Aug 19, 2013 7:25 am)

TSSBAY01

you're sick of breaking down three things? good grief, what ever would you do if you were a drummer. do 100 more shows and set that stuff up and break it down 200 more times first before considering getting a roadcase. then you'll know for sure how necessary it is and what you need.

Seattle, WA
tempsoundsolutions wrote:

you're sick of breaking down three things? good grief, what ever would you do if you were a drummer. do 100 more shows and set that stuff up and break it down 200 more times first before considering getting a roadcase. then you'll know for sure how necessary it is and what you need.

Yep. I'm extremely glad I'm not a drummer in that respect. I also play guitar though, so 4/5 things really.

Unsubscribe

Yea if you have carpeted pedal board and dual lock shit aint going anywhere.

matt's mind

padded attaché cases (goodwill, etc) work well for stuff like this too, if you're crafty.  usually have locks, beat up leather looks pretty, and they were made so the business man's belongings wouldn't get crushed inside.  make great pedal boards at least.

generic gun cases too.  depending on the part of the world you are in, pawn shops have these in abundance.  super heavy duty things.

the foam inserts (if pre-cut for a gun) can be replaced pretty easily with whatever (padding+velcro)

Milwaukee, WI

I'm thinking I need to grab one of these.  If nothing else but for the increased professionalism and decreased setup time.  It would be so nice to roll in with everything all hooked up only needing power and one output!

Unsubscribe

Yea its awesome, especially when the sound guy is going to fight your soundcheck the whole way because chipsounds are weird to him, you need all the time you can get.

Milwaukee, WI

Have all your gear stolen at once! Convenient!

Unsubscribe

Thats why I dont drink at gigs! Keeping a constant eye on your shit! SMART!

Also its harder to walk out of a gig with a huge case that says SUPERPOWDERKOOPA stenciled on the side, when everyone knows that guy aint he.

Last edited by herr_prof (Aug 19, 2013 4:17 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne

Besides, how many bags do you usually carry your shit in? Do you just leave them scattered all around the venue in order to assure some loss, but minimize the quantity?