☺☺☺

Thats all i needed betabot, thank you and yes i understand

London, UK
akira wrote:

You sound very negative for someone that just got a free vacation to New York and the only person on this event getting paid to play (and even got effectively paid already!). You should get some shows, nothing stops you from doing that if you want at least some of the profit you could have gained while staying! Bravo to you for getting a proper deal.

Firstly, I haven't got a free vacation to anywhere.

Secondly, getting your travel paid for is not getting paid to play, the gig was a potential earner through the fee & merch sales just like any other event. I've lost earnings through turning down other promoters in accepting this gig and committing vacation time to those dates.

All is not lost though, something will be salvaged from this and i'm hopeful some of the billed artists will be able to play at an event this summer.

Last edited by Sabrepulse (Apr 6, 2010 1:33 pm)

New York City
Sabrepulse wrote:

Secondly, getting your travel paid for is not getting paid to play

I totally agree with that, in case you didn't notice, but getting your full travel expense paid (specially from abroad) is a much, much better deal than what I fathom most people got here (specially those US bound).

If your ticket did not get cancelled get some gigs in USA.If it did I bet it's not an issue to get more gigs in your town. I don't think this poses much of  problem for you.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

At least you got your full travel expense paid for... I was told that $400 to cover a round trip ticket to NYC was too much... it's not my fault they were planning a show 2 months ahead of the show date.. and not 6... So apparently either your more performance was more valuable than mine or because you live further away that makes your ticket that much more worth paying for. wink

Take the time off and come to the states. play some shows, sell some merch.. make some money have some fun and quit bitching. At least you had travel expenses covered

low-gain wrote:

At least you got your full travel expense paid for... I was told that $400 to cover a round trip ticket to NYC was too much... it's not my fault they were planning a show 2 months ahead of the show date.. and not 6...

Before I never come back to this thread I must straighten this out.
Since you keep disclosing confidential booking information at your own will, which BTW, it's very unprofessional,
The reason why Low-Gain never made it into the lineup was because he first asked for $300 , then $320 and then $400.
He changed his fee every single time we tried to make an agreement with him.

We had the money to book him, that wasn't the problem, but when an artist keeps changing his fee --every single time you try to close a deal with him-- it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence to book him.

PERIOD.

Peace out ChipMusic.org

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

oh btw. b3tabot... just because this large scale event bombed doesn't mean you can't try to plan a smaller event..
Talk to the Tank.. see if they have the space available on that date. if you have people flying in already then shoot for quality not quantity.
get established.. rock that shiz nat..

BOSTON

hello DRRRTY laundry!

Malaga, Spain

Calm down you, guys... sad

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
b3tabot wrote:
low-gain wrote:

At least you got your full travel expense paid for... I was told that $400 to cover a round trip ticket to NYC was too much... it's not my fault they were planning a show 2 months ahead of the show date.. and not 6...

Before I never come back to this thread I must straighten this out.
Since you keep disclosing confidential booking information at your own will, which BTW, it's very unprofessional,
The reason why Low-Gain never made it into the lineup was because he first asked for $300 , then $320 and then $400.
He changed his fee every single time we tried to make an agreement with him.

We had the money to book him, that wasn't the problem, but when an artist keeps changing his fee --every single time you try to close a deal with him-- it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence to book him.

PERIOD.

Peace out ChipMusic.org

lol.. dude thats because every fucking day you delayed on getting back to me the price of air fare goes up.
the first talks of $300 were simply an estimated cost of airfare.. typically it's around there. the second time was $320 because thats what it was when i check. and by i check again. prices went up to $380-400 to fly into JFK..

SO dont bitch to me that costs went up because you started booking acts 2 months before your god damn show.. thats not my problem
if you aren't prepared to pay for travel costs then you shouldn't be planning such a large scale show..

So for that bold statement you can kiss my hairy ass. Professionalism.. "i'm going to make the scene grow big, largest demo swap ever, the scene is in need of this large scale event" DONT PLAN LARGE SCALE SHOWS VIA A PUBLIC ONLINE MESSAGE BOARD !!!!

pull your fucking head out of the clouds and do a little research before you plan a show jack ass..
Blip fest gets planned a year in advance, you chose 2-3 months... blip fest draws 300-600 people each night... it's been happening for 4 years..
you expect to pull 1000 people just because you book a couple big names, make a shit flier and say it's for the good of the cause?

Dreaeaaammmmm.. dream dream dream dream.

Dont ever question my professionalism.

lol guys

Geneva, NY

Yeah, I was afraid it would come to this.