Yuma, AZ

So this isn't the type of thing I'd normally post, but I have been sick the past few days, and thanks to a fever and meds, have been having some weird ones, so i thought I'd share. It's a little bit long, (fair warning)

So the dream begins and I am standing in a parking lot with about a dozen other people - guys, girls.
The parking lot is in a clearing at some National Park-type area. Lit by only a few streetlights, we all stand around and chat about what's going on.
Apparently, we are all there for some sort of initiation into the chip community.
We are informed that there is a lake nearby. We head down a small path and sure enough, there it is. We are supposed to cross it, and we find a small set of cheap rowboats on the bank.  Our task lies across the lake, so we pile into the boats and start across the water.
As we get about halfway out, we start to realize that there are whales in the lake. All sorts of different kinds. The awe of the moment wears off quickly, as we realize that there is something else there as well. A large (very large) fish-like creature. It's too dark to see many details, but it has thousands of illuminated spots on its skin, like something from the bottom of the ocean. It is substantially larger than any of the whales we were seeing before, and begins to eat many of them. Starting to get freaked out, we paddle faster across the lake. This doesn't help on of the boats, and the monster comes up and swallows them whole. In a panic, and after what seems like and eternity of rowing, we reach the other side, and ditch the boats.
There are only five or six people left at this point including myself.
From the bank, we spot a small, old sign with a gameboy on it,near a path that leads into the woods. Naturally, this mus be the way to go, so we head down the path. After walking for a very long time, the darkness becomes peppered with small, bright, dancing lights. Like something from an Rpg - little white/blue fairy lights.
The path opens into a clearing, and in that clearing are a half dozen little shrines. Like tabletop-sized displays constructed of many different media. Bronze, wood, circuitry, you name it. We all sort of ponder the use of these things for a while.
Finally, out of a bush nearby sneak these two weird little people. I say people only because the walked upright and wore clothes. They were short, scrawny little things, with pale skin and black, shark-like eyes. They told me not to alert anyone to their presence, and began to explain to me that the "shrines" were actually like puzzle boxes, each themed after prominent figures in the chipmusic scene.
I approach the first and now armed with the knowledge of what they are, it is easily solved. In my excitement I finally look around and realize that the rest of the group is gone. Before pursuing them, I solve the remaining puzzles, and then quickly continue down the path to find the group.
I find a pair of shoes thrown over a branch at one point, similarly to shoes thrown over a wire - but no sign of anyone else.
Finally I come to a cave; a wide opening in the ground that seems to go straight down. There is no one around, and the path ends here.
So without another option, i jump into the deep hole. To my surprise, it's not very deep at all, and as soon as my feet hit the floor, everything goes white for a moment, and I realize I'm standing back in the parking lot from before.
No one is around, save for a car parked nearby. A man steps out, and says "Where are the others?"  I reply, "I'm not sure."
"Ok then", he says "Hop in." I do.
Then I wake up.

edit: tl;dr - Had a weird dream about getting lake monsters, magic forests and chipmusic.

Just felt like sharing.
Anyone else have any weird dreams lately?

Last edited by 10spd (Aug 22, 2013 5:38 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan

Cliff Notes.

Yuma, AZ

tl;dr added just for you haha

Boise, ID

One time I had a dream that I met Glomag in a thrift store in New York looking for a jacket or something. He was also a pilot and I had to do my laundry before he flew away and I couldn't.

i am amazed at the threads that get locked on cm.o, but even more amazed by the ones that pass as relevant... i mean it doesn't affect me either way but i just don't understand.

Nottingham, UK

Everyone thinks their own dreams are interesting.

No one thinks other peoples dreams are interesting.

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:17 pm)

Los Angeles, CA

I recently had a nightmare in which I had a seemingly infinite amount of dirt in my mouth.  No matter how much I tried to spit out, there was always more.  I woke up and had sleep paralysis, Nearly puked everywhere.  I am bad at sleeping.

ohio gozaimasu

I legitimately had a dream where my mom cut off my penis and served it to me for breakfast

Last edited by Cooshinator (Aug 23, 2013 2:20 am)

Chicago

It sounds like you are ready to embark into the true dark arts of cheepchoons.
But seriously, keep makin chip jams. It obviously means a lot to you. I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the surreal aspects of it.

Chicago
Mrwimmer wrote:

I recently had a nightmare in which I had a seemingly infinite amount of dirt in my mouth.  No matter how much I tried to spit out, there was always more.  I woke up and had sleep paralysis, Nearly puked everywhere.  I am bad at sleeping.

There is a lot of different ways that could get interpreted. hmu if you'd like to talk about it

washington

for the past month or so i've been having this dream every week or so, where i'm in a dentists' office, and a dentist straps me to a chair and starts cutting my teeth in half with a pair of wire cutters.

glad to know i'm not the only one big_smile

UK, Leicester
Cooshinator wrote:

I legitimately had a dream where my mom cut off my penis and served it to me for breakfast

hot.

England

when was the last time you guys had wet dreams?

Yuma, AZ

I wasn't expecting any response to this, let alone this much. haha.
The wirecutter teeth dream has me cringing so much over here.

Yuma, AZ
Mrwimmer wrote:

That sounds so awful
At least you didn't wake up in/near the catbox, mirite?