Boise, ID

I must have been very lucky backlighting my first two DMGs, because I got the backs cleanly peeled off the screen without problem. Since then, I've tried four more and with every one, all I end up with is a screen full of leftover gunky adhesive.
I've tried scrubbing it with everything I can think of, rubbing alcohol, glass cleaner, nail polish remover... I can't get this shit off.
How do the more experienced modders out there do it?

Michigan

Rubbing alcohol and Q-tips; just keep trying. Let some set on the residue for a few memnts and try to scrap it off with your straight edge.

Never use nail polish remover, acetone, goo gone, goof-off or any other solvent unless you ant to dissolve anything plastic that comes in contact.

Taichung, Taiwan

Rubbing alcohol and another new razor blade.

Boise, ID

Alright, I guess I just needed a bit more patience with it, thanks dudes.

That was like 30 minutes of intense rubbing.

.FILTHadelphia
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Rubbing alcohol and Q-tips; just keep trying. Let some set on the residue for a few memnts and try to scrap it off with your straight edge.

Never use nail polish remover, acetone, goo gone, goof-off or any other solvent unless you ant to dissolve anything plastic that comes in contact.

I've used nail polish remover and have never had problems. Seemed to work a bit better than alcohol alone.

Puerto Rico
ShintarouMusic wrote:

Alright, I guess I just needed a bit more patience with it, thanks dudes.

That was like 30 minutes of intense rubbing.

Since I am a mature individual, I won't make the joke we're all thinking of here.

Also, yes.... Let some rubbing alcohol sit on it for a while. Then attack again.

clovis CA

goo gone melts the plastics slightly, youll get fucked up lines every time wink

Cleveland, OH

I'm a big fan of denatured alcohol. That stuff will clean just about anything off of any part of a Game Boy. Just don't let it touch the ribbon cables because sometimes it will dissolve the glue holding them to the LCD.