Michigan
rygD wrote:
Jazzmarazz wrote:

THANKS I MADE IT MYSELF! big_smile

I am actually going to send away a board that I designed (someone else programmed it) which accepts an SD card and emulated a floppy drive. I will be loading games from SD in no time. cool

How well does it work, what is the max capacity accepted, can you split the SD into multiple disks, how much for me to get in on this?  Do you mind sharing any more details?  I have 6 IIes of my own that need more love.  I really want to get an uthernet card eventually, somehow.  I need to get a cffa300 this time around, but I never have money when I want one (or 5) and they are available.

Here is the original:
http://tulip-house.ddo.jp/digital/SDISK2/english.html
But I am building the LCD version:
http://tulip-house.ddo.jp/digital/SDISK2LCD/index.html
The newer LCD version uses a 16x2 LCD rather than the 8x1. tongue
The buttons sort through the files on your card which can be an entire library!

UGHH...Mouser either stopped using paypal or never did...and DigiKey doesn't either! WTF! Applying for a Paypal Mastercard and transfering funds to my actual Visa card now.... >: (

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Aug 28, 2013 1:21 am)

Matthew Joseph Payne

Check Jameco, too.

Michigan

Today I received a delivery! Still waiting on boards though.

But the cat couldn't care less.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Sep 6, 2013 8:31 pm)

Today was rough for me, I feel just like your cat:)
Parts look good though.

Straya Mate

Nom nom.

Ever closer.

Nice! The cat cares, hes just really comfortable. Hows the solder station treating you?

matt's mind
doctormark77 wrote:

Hows the solder station treating you?

i'm wondering the same thing!  i had less than satisfactory results from my similarly designed chinese hot air device.  (Aoyue brand, not that it matters, i think they just change the stickers and the guts are the same)

has the heating element burned out yet?  (this was my problem with them...  i have to keep basically near half or above on the airflow dial or they burn out, which is just too strong in a lot of situations unless i heaped on the solder paste like mortar which is a problem in itself)

Michigan
kitsch wrote:
doctormark77 wrote:

Hows the solder station treating you?

i'm wondering the same thing!  i had less than satisfactory results from my similarly designed chinese hot air device.  (Aoyue brand, not that it matters, i think they just change the stickers and the guts are the same)

has the heating element burned out yet?  (this was my problem with them...  i have to keep basically near half or above on the airflow dial or they burn out, which is just too strong in a lot of situations unless i heaped on the solder paste like mortar which is a problem in itself)

Haven't really put any miles on her yet. I sure hope I don't have this problem because I have designed a load of boards since the programmer that are entirely SMT based. The gun I have has a side-ways mounted fan, not pictured in any of the Aoyue stations, but I am positive the innards are the same as yours. I should probably use it this afternoon to make sure I can populate the boards once they arrive.

EDIT:

Used it for about 45 minutes and love it. Just fiddles around with removing chips and caps from a broken video card. Got a few atmel PICs out of the experience. tongue

Next I think I will swap some mask ROMs between a Yu-gi-oh and Harry potter cartridge so that I may actually test my work.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Sep 7, 2013 7:41 pm)

Straya Mate
kitsch wrote:

Was this an Aoyue 852A+ out of curiosity?

I personally use a Aoyue Int 738 and it has been great, however I suffered the same experience as you when I had both 852A+ and 868.
Both units required taking apart to fix uneven airflow/heating also as the elements are way off center.

Which type pre-heater are you guys using? IR, Air or direct (eg griddle)?

matt's mind

air

Straya Mate

Ahk, you should give an IR heater a go (if you haven't already), only about $250 or so for a reasonable one. They give very consistent heat and make using a Air or IR station far better.

Michigan

ATTENTION EVERYONE!
These are incredibly beautiful boards, I am very very happy! I hope to start working ASAP and sending out "Board-only" orders within a day or two. ^_^

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Sep 12, 2013 4:15 pm)

matt's mind

very cool!  getting PCB mail is the best feeling

edit -- totally overlooked this, names, thats cool too!  i think i missed that part in the details... regardless, nice touch. 

DaRkO wrote:

Ahk, you should give an IR heater a go (if you haven't already), only about $250 or so for a reasonable one. They give very consistent heat and make using a Air or IR station far better.

IR would have been much cheaper, and possibly gotten the results I've needed,

but I'm getting into BGA work and some things which I need to be pretty precise with and IR tech just isn't there yet...  at least from what i've read, perhaps its changed in the last while.  last i looked they still used pretty crude temp probes either clipped or taped to the PCB

edit -- i realized i *might* have misunderstood you...  but, to be thorough, i'm using air underneath and on top.  air everywhere.  pre-heat and the work itself.

Sweeeeeeden

Oh noez, you forgot the 1 in my name. tongue

Michigan
nitro2k01 wrote:

Oh noez, you forgot the 1 in my name. tongue

Oh... *bins them all*

sry.:P

Matthew Joseph Payne

beauuuuutiful - can't wait to build this!