defiantsystems wrote:

Not until we all agree that we still like or don't like chiptune.

Okay, I'll begin.

I still like or don't like chiptune.

Feel free to follow suit.

ıllıllı ⓣⓒⓣⓓ ıllıllı

buffalo, NY

Essentially the scene seeming "dead" is more of an individual thing.  Sometimes when you're really close to and involved with something, it can burn you out, or when things change you wonder if it's the same for everyone else or just you.

As long as new people are discovering chip and putting out cool stuff then the scene is fine.  Glomag made a comment to me last night about how the bar has definitely been raised by a lot of the new chip guys.  To me, that's indicative of progress as a musical medium, and it's exciting for me to know that there's still new ground to break!  There's chip techniques I hear guys doing that still make me go "OH SHIT, I can't believe that".   I mean, I just made an LSDJ track with a full choir and soloists, and I know there's a million other places to go. 

Things will always be fluctuating between AWESOME and LAME to some degree, but the scene is still really healthy, even if it's not in the exact same form you remember it in.

TSSBAY01

i like how the OP called everybody faggots and nobody called him out on it like it's commonplace

Douglas, Wyoming
danimal cannon wrote:

Essentially the scene seeming "dead" is more of an individual thing.  Sometimes when you're really close to and involved with something, it can burn you out, or when things change you wonder if it's the same for everyone else or just you.

As long as new people are discovering chip and putting out cool stuff then the scene is fine.  Glomag made a comment to me last night about how the bar has definitely been raised by a lot of the new chip guys.  To me, that's indicative of progress as a musical medium, and it's exciting for me to know that there's still new ground to break!  There's chip techniques I hear guys doing that still make me go "OH SHIT, I can't believe that".   I mean, I just made an LSDJ track with a full choir and soloists, and I know there's a million other places to go. 

Things will always be fluctuating between AWESOME and LAME to some degree, but the scene is still really healthy, even if it's not in the exact same form you remember it in.

That was some hella sneaky self promo Danimal...Just kidding all jokes aside chipmusic isn't dead just changing. But I don't know why anyone bothers saying that since there is a thread topic about a scene crisis every other week as it is

Brunswick, GA USA
tempsoundsolutions wrote:

i like how the OP called everybody faggots and nobody called him out on it like it's commonplace

http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/183457/#p183457

If everybody had the same exact opinion there'd be no point and the scene really would be dead.

Last edited by chunter (Sep 9, 2013 2:12 am)

Unsubscribe

Does anyone really still read posts in this thread.

Playboy Man-Baby
herr_prof wrote:

It's a dying art.

herr_prof wrote:

Just in case you do...

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°xxTCTDxx°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

If only this forum had sigs.

washington

yo, thought i'd join if that's chill

i like chiptune, even if i haven't been around that long.

the scene seems pretty strong here in the nw washington/seattle area, but i don't have too much to compare it to.

Brunswick, GA USA
herr_prof wrote:

Asks True Chip Til I Don't Feel Like Doing It Anymore without using a question mark.

Nobody makes anybody do anything.

Not meaning to sound too personal,  Mr. Swimm is part of the point that people's lives, tastes, and opinions change.

Last edited by chunter (Sep 9, 2013 5:20 am)

NC in the US of America
tempsoundsolutions wrote:

i was going to throw the "discriminatory language" book at him but I think my browser froze or something

There's a ton of people getting involved with chiptune, now more than ever.
Only difference is that the people getting involved are for once not the same people.
Anyone thinking this thing is dead is speaking for themselves or this site.

Last edited by B3tabot (Sep 9, 2013 5:34 am)

Planet Zaxxon
Awol wrote:

ıllıllı ⓣⓒⓣⓓ ıllıllı

INDEED!

lolusa

yall bunch of dead-threads

Brunswick, GA USA
ovenrake wrote:

yall bunch of dead-threads

I think the clothing thread was last week.