STARDRAIN, CA

just wondering.. seems like the scene is at a weird place.. im trying to get my head back in, its been about a year since my last chip release.. and everyone seems so differnet its weird..

vancouver, canada

elaborate, man!

i have a few madman theories kicking around, related to oversaturation, commercialization, the lowering of the bar of quality, the void left by blip, and the desire to simplify community structures.  but you've been kicking around this scene longer than i have so any conjectures i have will probably seem kinda silly by comparison.

Taichung, Taiwan

Juan, you mean chiptune chiptune or chipthrash chiptune?

NC in the US of America

Who is "anyone"?

Looking at the old forum posts I notice the more seasoned cm.o users used to much more care-free and open than they seem to be now. I don't know if that means anything to the chiptune/music community as a whole but... that's all I have to go on since I'm like... new and all...

STARDRAIN, CA

by anyone i mean anyone.. i just dont knw. i have no idea. its weird, chip=win got no.1 bandcamp release, and so did chipzels new thing, thats all weird to me. chipthrash is really just chiptune.. who cares its all the same shit. i mean, chipthrash has taken its own little scene of people which im glad of, but its all melded into the same shit.

STARDRAIN, CA

its like, newyork is dead, LA is trying, but everyones moving to philly, and datathrash is kicking ass, brkfest was sick apparently

NC in the US of America

Well I like chiptune of a variety of types so... I think it is good when people who are into doing live shows and stuff (I'm not one of them) try to build a fanbase in their community as opposed to trying to get all their friends to buy an EMS cart and LSDJ.

But yeah... like... I like chiptune so like... yeah. *raises hand*

Minneapolis

Not gonna lie, I basically just listen to chiptune the same way I always have: with headphones. I have gone to a few shows in MN here (Low-Gain, Unicorn Dream Attack, and L-Tron, you guys rock, that was a fun few months) but frankly, I don't much care for 'em. I like recordings.

Brooklyn NY US

New York's not dead.

i can see the scene shifting more toward little piggy tracker r&b music ; D

STARDRAIN, CA

hahah PIGGY IS THE THING NOW?? nice.. i remember when no one used that shit at all. hahaha of all things, i actually do consider myseld REALLY good at piggy. @bitshifter.. I KKNOW I JUST MISS NEW YORK AND IM BUTTHURT CAUSE IM NOT THERE NOW!
@ everyone that doesnt get my subtle sarcasm, or know who i am, ive done quite a bit of chip for a little bit, and its weird to see the scene shift and alter. im gonna make an attempt to jump back in, caues its fun, im just interested in whats going on nowadays.

hmu with some of your piggy work and check out mine, aka check out my music because it is all done with piggy ; D

i just put a track up a few mins ago

STARDRAIN, CA

i hope i dont sound luike TOO much of a dick.. i love you all!! xoxoxooxo ** by really good at picggy tracker, i mean its probably the programi know most about and the thing ive used the most out of any audio software.

send me a link to some music you've made with piggy! i heart piggy!

Iowa

I still love chip/trash music to heart. If I ever made music it be the first type of music I would get into