BK
Bit Shifter wrote:

New York's not dead.

QFT- New York is still going strong, even if Blip isn't a thing anymore.

sweden
xylo wrote:

The only thought that comes to mind when reading this thread is 'Muricaaaaa'.

There is actually a pretty vibrant chipscene in Europe, both the 'scene' as most of the people on this forum know it, as well as a pretty alive tracker and demoscene.

+1

Nottingham, UK
PROTODOME wrote:
bryface wrote:

FM

Yamaha's 4-op series are the new punk.

I recently moved to rotterdam, and I was genuinely pretty sad I had to leave my FB01 behind.

Did manage to smuggle my genmdm over the border though. Just need a dutch Megadrive now.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Sep 6, 2013 1:20 pm)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Chip music is a very wide spectrum of aesthetics. Sure, trends in genre, technique and style come and go and some appeal to me more than others but there have always been people doing things I like and I doubt that I'll ever fall out of love with chiptune music.

Robotcity, the year 20XX
nordloef wrote:
xylo wrote:

The only thought that comes to mind when reading this thread is 'Muricaaaaa'.

There is actually a pretty vibrant chipscene in Europe, both the 'scene' as most of the people on this forum know it, as well as a pretty alive tracker and demoscene.

+1

YES

Finland

Yes. I really like chiptune.

STARDRAIN, CA

sickass.. you all are cool. glad to see kris Keyser here, and im glad to see Jellica responding. nordloeef, men of mega, all still glad to see these guys chilllin... ok im glad chip still is going strong. seems a tad bigger too.. IDGAF all the "names'' like "chipmusic" vs. "chiptune" vs"demoscene" vs "chipthrash" vs. "chipyourmom" or "whateverthafuckchip", cause more than eever, i really dont care. ITS ALL CHIPTOONS Y'ALL LETS JUST HAVE FUN. DUH

i still miss 8bc.. -_-

those weree the days...

STARDRAIN, CA

HEY TIM MAKE IT SO CHIPMUSIC.ORG CAN BE MORE COMPETITIVE AND STUFF LIKE 8BC USED TO BEE!!! ALSO LET ME UPLOAD IMAGES AND ART DOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\

@trash80

Milwaukee, WI

Q: Does anyone really still like chiptune?

A: No.

Kool Skull wrote:

HEY TIM MAKE IT SO CHIPMUSIC.ORG CAN BE MORE COMPETITIVE AND STUFF LIKE 8BC USED TO BEE!!! ALSO LET ME UPLOAD IMAGES AND ART DOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\

@trash80

have you looked at ucollective.org its basically a clone of the old 8bc

Unsubscribe
TSC wrote:

Well maybe YOUR chiptune.

That should the response to anyone asking the question. BURNTOWN: POP. THAT GUY

Matthew Joseph Payne
bryface wrote:

- california is trying to get something consistent together but i hear the challenge is geography and being mega spaced out

Naw man, we've got regular shows in LA and SF - I can say for sure that 8bitSF shows are reliably hype and tons of fun, we've had good luck pulling in great artists for our monthlies and one-offs. Every year there's a show around GDC that nearly fills DNA Lounge, which has a capacity of 700 or so. We're getting a lot of attendees from outside the scene, too.

Yes, I still do love chip music, but I'm less into it now than I used to be. I update my blog on a far less frequent scale, and yet I have all these emails coming in from random artists with sub-par releases they'd like me to feature. The scene is alive and well, though.

I still enjoy hearing new albums. Chipzel's new record was interestingly overrated, but it's still solid. She's actually one of my favorite artists, but I don't know if she'll ever top the awesomeness that was Disconnected. Aside from that, Brother Android released a new EP and he's playing a show on Thursday, 4mat's new LP is coming out at some point, and Roboctopus put out a pretty nice, chill 2xLSDJ record.

As far as my own music is concerned, I wrote two new songs over the summer, one of which was a collab that wound up sounding pretty nice.

New Albany Indiana
bryface wrote:

oh, so like a quick rundown is what you need then?

ON THE PREVIOUS EPISODE OF CHIP SOMETHING SOMETHING
- seems like more of the chip community activity is moving more and more towards twitter/tumblr/facebook/eHarmony/ Instagram

New Albany Indiana
TSC wrote:

Whats chip music?
Did i miss something guys?

New Albany Indiana

Something i think was forgotten,

There has been quite a growth of younger ( 18 - 11 ) people getting involved.
Allot more net labels foshow