Alive and well in fucksville

Please help me make a spreadsheet of rhythms of any styles of music you may know. I want loops of what you feel is the skeleton of the style you enter. Please do not change other peoples entries, only create a newly named entry of what you feel they made a mistake on (variations are cool). This will remain public if people don't get stupid about it.
Here is a link to an open spreadsheet that can be edited by anyone.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing

Last edited by bitjacker (Jan 1, 2016 1:41 am)

nice idea : )

I've just been pouring over music books for hours and realized I need something more concise.

Last edited by bitjacker (Sep 16, 2013 3:20 am)

NC in the US of America

compa: "dum DAdum Da, dum DAdum Da"
Alt: "com~PAcom PA, com~PAcom PA"

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Sep 16, 2013 5:15 am)

Im a little confused just looking at this spreadsheet, are each cell a beat? what do the abreviations mean? r?

Riverside, CA

Speedcore: kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr

Youngstown, OH

punk:
duh-ka-duh-ka-duh-kaduh-duhka

extratone: BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Clermont-Ferrand, France

BM : taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktakta

sunsp0t wrote:

Im a little confused just looking at this spreadsheet, are each cell a beat? what do the abreviations mean? r?

x is silence r is ride cymbal (until someone comes up with a better ab.) k is kick s is a snare h is hat (unspecefic) ch closed hat oh open hat. there are 16 columns... I am finding that 16th notes may not be accurate enough. it took 4 rows to store 4 measures. more complex syncopations will take more space yet.

Last edited by bitjacker (Sep 16, 2013 3:23 pm)

West Yorks, UK

hey, when youve got a decent collection of basic genre beats id love to help by illustrating them graphically, it would make a nice addition to the book/ zine im working on; making electronic music, if you're interested in contributing.

im just trying to add a 2-step garage rhythm, but my browser is too old.

_- - -  _- - -  _ - - -  _ - - -
K  h   S  hK    h  K S   h

(garage with snares on alternate beats; 135-145bpm, 40% swing)
mm tss kat tssmm tssmm kat tss

Domu wrote:

hey, when youve got a decent collection of basic genre beats id love to help by illustrating them graphically, it would make a nice addition to the book/ zine im working on; making electronic music, if you're interested in contributing.

im just trying to add a 2-step garage rhythm, but my browser is too old.

_- - -  _- - -  _ - - -  _ - - -
K  h   S  hK    h  K S   h

(garage with snares on alternate beats; 135-145bpm, 40% swing)
mm tss kat tssmm tssmm kat tss

its a public document and will always be. go to the public library in your town and imput your garage beat. you can tell people about the database in your zine. tell ppl about it now... only 2 other people have contributed. the internet is so much bigger than than that.

The Silph Scope wrote:

Speedcore: kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr,kscr

Put it into the database dude man bro.

Riverside, CA

It says View Only.

The Silph Scope wrote:

It says View Only.

strange. I set it to public can view i guess. i changed it to public can edit.

Last edited by bitjacker (Sep 17, 2013 5:12 pm)

Dallas, Texas

Cool I like this idea.  I've added labels, more columns, and some number markings. If you've added a rhythm that used two lines before, you should be able to go back in and edit it to use only one now. I see a couple but I don't want to edit anyone else's work. Also for odd time signature beats, I've started graying out my unused cells so folks know exactly where things repeat.