Bamboori wrote:

i got myself a gb boy color 2 from there, but its still on the way big_smile

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Game-con … 03614.html
there was only one single article i could find on google, and it was in chinese... it basically said it performs similar (a little better i think), but has a slightly thinner sound. too bad i didnt save the link from that page <_<

then theres the gb boy color:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Classica … 69006.html

ill let you know as soon as mine arrives, pretty much just to confirm the seller is legit (he does look legit though).

i didnt find the gb boy yet, feel free to share a link if you find it smile

btw: also got a supercard mini sd from aliexpress for about $22 ;D

Thank you for sharing this, just bought a GB BOY Colour! At that price it was tempting to get two of them but I controlled myself wink I've read that the sound on them is comparable to the original gameboy.

Last edited by metropeak (Sep 7, 2013 12:04 am)

Germany

yeah, its dirt cheap really tongue gonna get a gb boy colour too and maybe look for a gb boy.

Straya Mate

One thing I just found which is a bit strange with the one GB Boy I kept to test, in Pokemon Yellow the all music is completely wrong, the lower notes seem to be right, but the mid and high notes are way off in timing and pitch.

This isn't the cart as I tested it in a GBC and it was fine, I also tested Pokemon Red and Blue both of which the music was correct in both GBC and GB Boy, I tested the same Yellow cart in an old built in games GB Boy I had and it doesn't do this.

I don't have any others in stock atm and it'll be a few weeks before my next lot comes through, can anyone else perhaps test Pokemon Yellow on their GB Boy (not a built in games model) also and post the results?

The biggest giveaway is when you are on your Bicycle, but all the other music is wrong also.

I'm just wanting to know if this is an isolated problem with this particular GB Boy or if they might all be this way.

EDIT: Never mind, for some reason when this cart is used in the GB Boy it sets the sound option to earphone 1 every time on boot, thus cutting out the left channel.

Last edited by DaRkO (Sep 10, 2013 7:22 am)

Germany

just found something... ;D
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/GS-class … 4.html?s=p

like holy fuck thats really dirt cheap big_smile

Straya Mate

Woooah props on the find!

That seller also has the GB Boy Colours for the 20.99, the other seller put his prices up.

I think someone on ebay has one for around the same price (with tetris i think) if someone doesn't want to wait for shipping from china.  I was considering getting it, but decided that if i am going to get a clone it needs to be an improvement over a stock nintendo unit (as with the gb boy colour), or very interesting in some remarkable way.

Germany

same here. but for such a price you could get it as emergency unit or sth for example^^

Anyone with a gb boy colour, does it color original game boy games like a real game boy color, especially custom palettes, specifically Metroid 2?

Straya Mate
rygD wrote:

Anyone with a gb boy colour, does it color original game boy games like a real game boy color, especially custom palettes, specifically Metroid 2?

Yes it does and they look beautiful on the backlit LCD.

Can't speak for Metroid, but every other game I've played it has been 100% correct.

Germany

yep, metroid gets its custom palettes

Thanks, DaRkO and Bamboori.  I suppose I will go with a GB Boy Colour if I don't find a more visually interesting clone.

kelso washington

think the color clone would be good for those people who dont want to destroy an sp for a backlight, just rip the brain (lcd) out of a clone

Germany

uhm, the problem is that the gb boy colour 2 (aka sp) has the same backlit lcd as the gb boy colour (or at least its not frontlit).
nice idea though big_smile

Germany

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/GS-Class … 89357.html

gb boy found tongue