Arad, Romania

It was inspired by a dream I had many years ago. It's supposed to be spelled "cube" (it does sound like that in my native language). There was a big floating cube in my dream, like a floating balloon that was advertising something. It looked similar to this (it was tied down with strings like that and I was holding one of them), but it had a normal cube shape and it was white, blue, and red I think. The part that I liked about the dream was the sense of scale, it was floating like a hundred meters in the air and it was pretty big.

Czech Republic

Ryba is my nickname, it comes from my real last name.
Everybody calls me Ryba everyday, boss, co-workers, friends, girlfriend.
Only my parents and grandparents calls me my first name.
Ryba means Fish in my language.

Last edited by ryba (Oct 17, 2013 8:16 pm)

California, United States

I have really bad gas, so I called myself "Toxic Gasser"
I later joined a gaming group with the tag "dr" so my named was changed to Dr. Toxic

Later on my friends shortened it to "Doxic".

matt's mind
theghostservant wrote:

I am currently being held into indentured servitude by a haunting force.

^

MA

I first started making music under the name of "On A Wednesday Afternoon" because I wasn't serious about making anything and I just wanted to get a feel for things [wasn't too sure if I wanted to make music yet]
after fooling around with FamiTracker for a few months I decided I wanted a serious name and project
I asked around for what else I could use for making chiptune, then A, B, Up, Start! suggested getting LSDJ to play music on a gameboy
once I got a feel for that, I decided to think up a name but my creativity comes and goes. So one day I was just trying to make an account for some game but I couldn't think of a username so I did a random suggestion and that was "Power Ghost" I liked the sound of it and after thinking for about another month I decided that'd be it. I just hate making capital "G"s so I took away the space and decided it looked pretty good as Powerghost [if you saw my handwriting, you'd see that I like lowercase letters]
but I think the main reason powerghost had a nice ring to me is because it's short and I've been interested in ghosts for quite a while now heart

los angeles

i stole it from invader zim and jhonen vasquez was cool with it

i chose token because it's a nice word : ) actually it's a better name than most artist names. token was the name i thought when i thought hey
''what if i get all the names on cm.o and put them in a list what name will be better than all of them??;)"

then the name that was better was token

so yea, thar ya go : )

Last edited by token (Oct 20, 2013 2:57 pm)

Boise, ID

i love this thread

Memphis, TN
ShintarouMusic wrote:

i love this thread

Yeah, I feel like it lets us find out more about each other.

San Antonio, Texas

I just thought of the lamest name I could think of....

I also wanted to make fun of the "three word name"-cliche that was prominent for hardcore bands in my hometown.

Of course this was back in 2008

Last edited by Star Fighter Dreams (Oct 20, 2013 5:32 pm)

bed

It's short for super user, thus why I call myself super (when I'm talking in the third person).
I chose it because I crave power over everything.

jk

wailord visited me in a dream and told me my name was aviel and i said um i know that it's the name my parents gave me and he was like o shit c u l8r mang

canada

that story.............100% truth.........

UK, Leicester
defPREMIUM wrote:

wailord visited me in a dream and told me my name was aviel and i said um i know that it's the name my parents gave me and he was like o shit c u l8r mang

i did wonder why you changed your name I could tell it was you from your style of posting

just added desu to decimate

NC in the US of America

@Desumate: It always brings to mind "deskmate" for some reason