Michigan

Has no one created a multi rom menu for the smaller musical software's?

In any case, you're right. What's a good homebrew or translation rom?

Straya Mate
katsumbhong wrote:

If it sounded like I was a complete asshole smoking crack that didn't know what I was talking about when I was making the posts, I apologize. I think the brake cleaner at work is getting to me.

Ahahaha! Don't sweat it man, I just thought you might've gotten a bad batch wink

Jazzmarazz wrote:

Let's begin with a group purchase. Once Darko has all five peoples 7dollars, he can ship individually I'm sure. 

Who wants an LSDj? I couldn't care less for it (can't wrote music) but I want to jump start this.

The second line describes me perfectly! haha I love playing with all this stuff, but I'm horrible creatively tongue

I'm thinking seeing as 98% of you are in the US, I can ship them over there to a trusted person as a single shipment then have them redistribute them over there, as individual shipping from Aus will be a killer for you guys I think.

This person will get a couple free carts for their efforts of course haha

No payments are to be made until the carts are made and in my hands! I hate having peoples money when I have nothing to supply tongue
You guys decide what you want, I'll make it. You pay, then I ship wink

Last edited by DaRkO (Nov 3, 2013 3:02 am)

Michigan

Are mask roms even produced anymore?

Straya Mate
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Are mask roms even produced anymore?

Indeed they are.

SLC, UT

If you made mother 3 English carts I'd be so happy...

Michigan

Mother 3 is a good gba option. Shantae is something I would never get hold of.

Florida
stargazer wrote:

Straya Mate
Boy Without Batteries wrote:
stargazer wrote:

Jazzmarazz wrote:

Mother 3 is a good gba option. Shantae is something I would never get hold of.

Good choice fellows. This manufacturer is purely for GB carts, so I will get hold of a few GBA manufacturers and this can be done.
Pricing to be advised though.

EDIT: Here's a quick mockup I did of the label in PS, what do you guys think?

Last edited by DaRkO (Nov 3, 2013 9:19 am)

If you do lsdj carts, be sure to get the latest version of littleFM added, so you can transfer saves with a link cable.

Also, people should still pay for an lsdj license of course smile

Last edited by Timbob (Nov 3, 2013 9:30 am)

Straya Mate
Timbob wrote:

If you do lsdj carts, be sure to get the latest version with littleFM added, so you can transfer saves with a link cable.

Also, people should still pay for an lsdj license of course smile

Yeah if possible, will be latest and will require proof of purchase of course (but I'm serious about this one, unlike the retail carts) tongue

Like Jazz mentioned, a collection of the "other" music software would be really useful. I wouldn't mind having phreak boy and some other fun little things too.

Although these aren't fan translations or homebrew (and are game boy color), some people would be interested in them:
http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/sh … (GOAL-MET)

http://www.nintendoplayer.com/unrelease … aurus-tex/

Straya Mate
rygD wrote:

Like Jazz mentioned, a collection of the "other" music software would be really useful. I wouldn't mind having phreak boy and some other fun little things too.

Although these aren't fan translations or homebrew (and are game boy color), some people would be interested in them:
http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/sh … (GOAL-MET)

http://www.nintendoplayer.com/unrelease … aurus-tex/

Anything you guys want I'm willing to try.

I'm sure Resident Evil would be fine as I have even seen some pirate carts of it already tongue

T-Tex though, I'm unsure, what a story however! I've never read the full backstory and only heard of the game in passing.

Last edited by DaRkO (Nov 3, 2013 11:01 am)

Abandoned on Fire

Multi-rom "noise cart" would be fantastic!  Deathray+Pounder+REZ+Shitwave+Brownian Noise+ ???

@rygD - what's this "phreak boy"? never heard of it! [found it, irrelevant nowadays but still cool as a sound toy!]

I'm in for a batch of 5 Pocket Music GBC.

We could each "sponsor" a run of 5 carts of a particular rom and then mix-and-match before shipping if DaRkO is willing to sort things like that?

Last edited by egr (Nov 3, 2013 11:24 am)

Straya Mate
egr wrote:

Multi-rom "noise cart" would be fantastic!  Deathray+Pounder+REZ+Shitwave+Brownian Noise+ ???

@rygD - what's this "phreak boy"? never heard of it! [found it, irrelevant nowadays but still cool as a sound toy!]

I'm in for a batch of 5 Pocket Music GBC.

We could each "sponsor" a run of 5 carts of a particular rom and then mix-and-match before shipping if DaRkO is willing to sort things like that?

Multicarts might be an option, but I haven't even broached the subject with my manufacturer yet, only problem with multicarts however is the saving.

Though I have had some before which can store multiple saves no problem, they are generally speaking a bit of a messy thing, but if I can get them made & functioning well I will!

Yep! Pocket Music will be going ahead it seems.

I'm cool with mixing up orders or whatever, just as long as each rom has a minimum 5.

Probably the easiest way is to have group buys for individual roms or put together rom packs.

Once we have enough people for each rom/rom pack they are made and sent.

I can mix them up and ship out whatever people want providing all the carts which have been made are paid for,
but as I said previously, I think really, I need someone trusted in the US who can reship (and wants some free loot!) so I can ship all US orders as one bulk package, otherwise I think shipping will be fairly expensive.

I will go and get some quotes in the coming weeks and figure out which is cheaper.

Abandoned on Fire
DaRkO wrote:

Multicarts might be an option, but I haven't even broached the subject with my manufacturer yet, only problem with multicarts however is the saving.

Though I have had some before which can store multiple saves no problem, they are generally speaking a bit of a messy thing, but if I can get them made & functioning well I will!

The thing that makes the roms I've mentioned perfect for this project is that none of them require (or even have) saving!  smile

Straya Mate
egr wrote:

The thing that makes the roms I've mentioned perfect for this project is that none of them require (or even have) saving!  smile

Hmm! Very intermeresting then! I shall have to research into this! wink

Also excuse my poor knowledge! I'm newish to this part of the scene still, as I said before I'm not much of a Chipper, but I like to muck around big_smile