UK, Leicester

My first was a N64, for my 6th birthday in 2003. I got it from my uncle, along with a massive box of games, first one I played on it was FzeroX though.

Maine

nes way too long ago to remember xD

Chicago

My first game system was a dmg with tetris and dr. mario when I was threeish.
I later learned my mom played tetris on that gameboy when she was in labor with me. :3
Every now and then when i go see her, we play tetris on her fiancee's xbox360

Solar System

Yep I played Tetris in supermarket when I was 7 years old... On first monochromatic GB. It was awesome!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I guess I'm a bit younger than a lot of you but this was my first:

South Korea

Got a famiclone when I was 7. In South Africa we didn't have official NES or Famicom, lol, and the games were all pirate/bootleg carts.
The only game I had (for almost a year) was Rockman 2 (unlike MegaMan 2, the Japanese version has no difficulty selection, it is ALWAYS on difficult). Looking back, it makes total sense that I still prefer games that kick my ass, easy games just don't feel right to me.

San Francisco

My first computer was a black and white Macintosh in 92 right around when I was 6 or so. My mom got it from her work. I remember  frequently getting yelled at for freezing it when I got impatient and decided to click on everything. It was the only computer in my life until 97 when we "upgraded" to a Macintosh Performa. My first console was a boring old game boy. That was literally the only gaming platform until I was in highschool.

Good times.

Easton, PA, USA

When I was a kid my dad always found/bought random things home for my brother and I. He took us to a friends house down the road, we got parked with an nes and a zapper. 2 days later he walked home with the nes in a grocery bag and said "here you go." that was 91.  All we had was duck hunt/mario bros, and top gun. All we needed till Zelda showed up, typed the name as zelda.

Super Nintendo.
My mom got one for christmas a little while before i was born. I remember watching her play Gradius III all the way to the end, it was fucking epic.
A bit later when i could function like a normal human being, she let me play Zombies Ate My Neighbors, and MKII.
She used to kick my ass so bad and make fun of me -___-

Pittsburgh

Hmmm.... Probably a windows 95 computer and "Chip's challenge". That game still never gets old...

South Dakota

When we were kiddies, the folks bought an Apple IIe so I guess that would the be first computer. The grandparents did get us an NES for christmas at some point.
My own first rig was a 386sx, 23MHz, 4megs ram, 80 meg HD, no sound card, 13-15(?) monitor. Took about 15 mins to load windows 3.1 and ran fullscreen Doom at about 1-3 fps.

Good times.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Feeling very old with this thread!!
  Very first 'puter- a kit called the Super Elf II based on the RCA Cosmac 1802. Hex keyboard, 6 Seven segment LED displays (Adr and Data in Hex), a whopping 2K of ram (with the add-on expansion board) and no non-volatile storage. Everything hand assembled with pencil and paper, entered one hex byte at a time, then hit Run and pray!
  One of the first programs on it was a beeper music player that I would enter and leave running till I couldn't stand the song (didn't want to turn it off and have to re-enter the program).
   A year or so later got a Atari 2600; then in '79~'80 got my beloved Atari 800. Used it till about '94 (but still have it in a box) when I had access to a Windows 3.1 PC at work. It wasn't till like '97 that I built my own Win95 box; buying all the parts over a year, one at a time.
looking at my post, the sad thing is: I recall more details about my computers then my ex-wifes !! smile wink
Yogi

Boise, ID

NES but my fondest videogaming memories growing up were with a PS1.

UK

my dads playstation in ~2000. played the shit out of the original Driver game, still play it today.

first one *i* ever owned (not that i ever played, because i played my older bros nes/snes/dmg/cgb/n64/ps1/ps2/pc/etc) was a nintendo gamecube
i love the gamecube

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Nov 16, 2013 9:04 pm)

yogi wrote:

Feeling very old with this thread!!

Last edited by rygD (Nov 17, 2013 3:01 am)