For the note values, I'll see if I can put them elsewhere into the graphics memory in the next update.

Joliette, QC, Canada
oliver wrote:

For the note values, I'll see if I can put them elsewhere into the graphics memory in the next update.

Thanks for checking this out...I am guilty, been a while I used my nano carts but keep up the good work man, this is solid !!! big_smile

Toronto, Canada

Awesome!!  Glad it wasn't me being a donkey with the demo.

Been messing with it this morning, pretty awesome stuff!  Thanks so much for the update Oliver!

San Francisco

Curious to see how those updated sounds and capabilities are smile

seattle

buying a new cart soon, i'm stoked for the update. smile

edit: the look of the new carts is growing on me

Last edited by seatrash (Nov 22, 2013 5:29 am)

São Paulo, Brazil

I must be doing something really stupid. I'm trying to update the rom without success, on both win and osx: opened the prompt/terminal, typed ./nlmidi04 -send nanoloop270.mb. Ok, it enters send mode. So I boot the gba holding start+select until the nintendo logo disappears and it stays like this forever. Nothing happens, the gba screen stays stuck on the gameboy logo (without the nintendo logo) and the prompt stays stuck on send mode forever.

Any idea?

Alive and well in fucksville

Had my nanoloop 2 cart for a couple of days and cannot put it down. even took it to work and got in trouble. This cart is a monster. Like a singing yeti or a happy sea lizard.

Yeah this new version is really, really good. You can make very complex patterns without having to use the song screen now - and in a typical "nanoloop" way - it's fun, quick and intuitive! Anyone who is thinking about getting it - do it!

As for sound, smoother FM timbres, wider noise, deeper cutoff. Yeah, pretty neat!

Last edited by _-_- (Dec 7, 2013 3:38 pm)

I really like pulling out the cart.... then putting it into another gba then beatmatching them.... then stickin it in halfway and pulling out again. then put it back in the other. when my ds lite comes and i get it modded i will find out if gbaccelerators are exactly the same for ds as advance. super bummed that my original ds touch screen snapped from placing the chip wrong.

Last edited by bitjacker (Dec 7, 2013 4:07 pm)

São Paulo, Brazil

ok, I know the cart is awesome, but anyone here can help me out with that issue I described above?

Make sure you are following the instructions correctly !

nanoloop.com wrote:

- Put the update file in the same directory as the nlmidi program.
- Plug in the adaptor and connect it to the Game Boy via link cable.
- Start the nlmidi program with -send and the update file name.
- Turn on the Game Boy.
- Press START + SELECT till the Nintendo logo starts blinking.
- Logo should keep blinking for about 1/2 min.
- Wait till the PC program has counted up to 256k / "done".
- Nanoloop starts.
- Keep B pressed and then press START+SELECT.
- After a few seconds, the Game Boy reboots.
- Done!

Also, make sure you are using the correct cable.

nanoloop.com wrote:

The link cable needs to be either an original GB pocket/color cable or a 3rd party model. The GBA multiplayer cable does not work.

http://nanoloop.com/midi/two.html

São Paulo, Brazil
_-_- wrote:

Make sure you are following the instructions correctly !

I had success when I updated the same card from nano 2.5 to 2.6, but the problem is that I can't update to 2.7 following these same instructions.

Which windows or osx do you use?

San Francisco

2.7 seems really cool. thinking about it. I just dont know if i could handle no notes again. that was one of the main reasons I ended up buying last time.

having no notes named forces you to write better music because you go with what sounds right. music theory is unoriginal... nothing new ever happens. its always what beethoven made or some other illuminati-approved for fame dead man. covering the same progression of notes is only okay if 1)you created it; 2)the song is drastically different.
We need to be better than the mainstream, break the mould! its better to have people stealing from the scene because it kicks so much ass than hearing everyone make covers (remixes are cool if they have a new and original twist i guess)
anyone that is taught music is being handicapped... there is so much more than major and minor. I am not sure I believe what i was told... major is not happy and minor is not sad. I decide the context by embellishments.
besides you can split an octave more than 12 ways.

Last edited by bitjacker (Dec 8, 2013 10:23 pm)

bitjacker wrote:

having no notes named forces you to write better music because you go with what sounds right. music theory is unoriginal... nothing new ever happens. its always what beethoven made or some other illuminati-approved for fame dead man. covering the same progression of notes is only okay if 1)you created it; 2)the song is drastically different.
We need to be better than the mainstream, break the mould! its better to have people stealing from the scene because it kicks so much ass than hearing everyone make covers (remixes are cool if they have a new and original twist i guess)
anyone that is taught music is being handicapped... there is so much more than major and minor. I am not sure I believe what i was told... major is not happy and minor is not sad. I decide the context by embellishments.
besides you can split an octave more than 12 ways.

Not only is this post entirely close-minded under the guise of enlightened, it's also inconsiderate.  The simple fact is, some peoples' brains work better with note values than arbitrary dots.  Your "break[ing] the mold" is really just you shutting out reality because you have some ludicrous preconceived notion about music theory.  Theory teaches you there's more than major and minor.  It teaches you that one is not happy nor is one sad.  It teaches you the different ways to divide an octave and different tunings and how to use them effectively.  This is not the place to spout hate speech about music theory, especially when it teaches exactly what you are preaching.

Beyond that, note names weren't forced on anyone.  You could use it if you wanted.  They are also exactly the same thing as the dots, just represented in a mildly different manner.

I'll be sticking with my old 2.3 until note names come back.  2.7 seems worth the update, but note names help my process so I'll wait for their return.

Last edited by Beware (Dec 10, 2013 8:48 am)

CHIPcinnati Ohio

big_smile